hosts its biggest retail event of the year on Saturday July 28th from 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Downtown Birmingham streets will be closed to traffic, and stores will come outside with sales. This annual event combines a huge sale with live entertainment, kids activities and more.
Events and activities include:
- Sales - Starting at 9:00 a.m. on July 23rd, Birmingham's finest merchants will bring end-of-season clearance items and special purchase merchandise to the streets and sidewalks. The event ends at 9:00 p.m.
- Bike Parade - Join us for the annual Bike Parade! Starting promptly at 8:30 a.m., kids should gather at the Center Stage for the judging of the decorated bikes. Stay tuned for contest categories.
- Live Entertainment - Enjoy live entertainment at the Center Stage throughout the day.
- Kidz Zone - The Kidz Zone is the place where kids can hang out and get creative from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Food - Birmingham offers an eclectic variety of dining options, from seafood, steak and sandwiches to Greek, Italian, Thai and other ethnic fare, shoppers are sure to find their favorites. Many offer dining outdoors.
The sales will center around the Maple and Old Woodward area. Old Woodward will be closed off from Willits to Brown. Maple will be closed from Bates to Peabody. Enjoy FREE PARKING in all structures and meters throughout the day.
Click here for more Oakland County, Michigan events, activities and things to do.
Birmingham Day On the Town is rain or shine. The bike parade and live entertainment will not take place in the event of storms or heavy rain. Stores will be open Saturday with bargains!