Fall Festival in the Woods returns to Auburn Hills on October 13th, 2012 from 11a - 3p at the E. Dale Fisk Hawk Woods Nature Center for Fall and Halloween fun! In addition to the nature activities and education stations, the Auburn Hills Fall Festival in the Woods will feature:
- Petting Farm in the parking lot by the Nature Center. Animals will be available for kids to pet and feed.
- Hayrides leave every 15 minutes courtesty of the Auburn Hills Department of Public Service.
- Trackless Train (near the Petting Farm)
- Pumpkins for carving will also be available on a first-come first-served basis for $4-$12 each.
- Cider and Donuts at the Lodge
- Enjoy folk music, country music and a dose of comedy performed by the Blue Water Ramblers at 11a, 12:30 and 2p at the Lodge
- A rock climbing wall will be located at the picnic shelter
- See a new log cabin under construction at the campground
- A bird migration simulation challenge will be available at the Nature Center front lawn
- A monarchs and Milkweeds demonstration will be available at the Nature Center
- Fish casting targets at the Nature Center front lawn
- A family nature treasure hunt will be located along the trails
- Marshmallow roasting will be available at the firepit
- A "Know Your Great Lakes" geography game will be at the Nature Center
- Facepainting and games will be located behind the lodge
The E. Dale Fisk Hawk Woods Nature Center offers year-round opportunities for outdoor recreational activities. Hiking on the trails, camping and educational classes await fall outdoor enthusiasts. Contact Auburn Hills Parks and Recreation for more information at 248-370-9353.
E. Dale Fisk Hawk Woods Nature Center
3799 Bald Mountain Rd
Auburn Hills, Michigan
Click here for our OCM Guide to Halloween events in Oakland County, Metro Detroit and SE Michigan.
Click here for Trick or Treat hours and times for communities in Oakland County.
Click here for our Haunted Houses and Haunted Hayrides Directory.
Click here for "Low-Scare" Haunted attractions for younger children.
Click here for OCM Reviews of Cider Mills in Oakland County, Macomb County and Metro Detroit.
Click here for more Oakland County and Metro Detroit, Michigan events, activities and things to do.