The Village of Rochester Hills will be hosting free summer fun for kids on Wednesdays at 10:30a throughout the summer. Oakland County Moms is a proud sponsor of the It Takes a Village Kid Club and will help host the weekly free events.
It Takes a Village Kid Club Free Summer Events Include:
- June 20 - Rochester Hills Public Library reads "Dream of the Seven Seas," a pirate adventure. All kids are invited to dress up, moms you can too! After the story, Oakland County moms will host an interactive Village Treasure Hunt for parents and their children. Afterwards, kids who solve the clues get a small prize!
- June 27 - Lozier Music in Festival Park. Playful piano for children 3-6 years. Oakland County moms will help children create a “masterpiece” to take home.
- July 11 - fLipSpot Gymnastic and Cheer will host free gymnastics and tumbling sessions. This is a great day for kids to get their wiggles out and an awesome photo opportunity. Oakland County Moms will have a great “make your own” snack afterwards the fun!
- July 18 - RARA (Rochester Avon Recreation Authority will provide free crafts and games and Great Start Collaborative-Oakland staff will host a free childrens readiness screening.
- July 25 - The Rochester Hills Public Library returns. Book TBD. OCM will be hosting a special addition to add to the fun.
- August 1 - fLipSpot Gymnastic and Cheer will host free cheerleading and fitness activities for kids. Oakland County Moms will help children make homemade pom-poms to take home.
- August 8 - Local author story time with Julianna Blankenship. Oakland County Moms will host our own party, with games and a special, yummy treat!
- August 15 - RARA (Rochester Avon Recreation Authority will host sports for squirts and tumbling expos toddlers. OCM will help kids make a picture frame this day to put their sports pictures in. Remember your cameras!
- August 22 - Rochester Hills Public Library will feature Books, Blankets and Buddies storytimes and more! Oakland County Moms will host an end of summer party as this will be the last day for our “It Takes a Village” Kids Club. OCM will also be giving away free copies of THE LORAX movie!
"It Takes a Village" Kid Club - Sponsored by Oakland County Moms
Wednesdays at 10:30 am
Village of Rochester Hills
104 N Adams Rd
Rochester Hills, MI 48309
The Village of Rochester Hills will also be accepting food donations at these events, to help support local children in need.
All these events will require parents to remain with their children and assisting in classes and with activities. Our volunteers are here to guide and inspire, not to babysit or watch the children. This is for your child’s personal safety and well-being.
About the Village of Rochester Hills
The Village of Rochester Hills brings fashion, dining and ambiance together to create Rochester Hills’ very own downtown. From Parisian to Whole Foods Market and fifty more shops and eateries, there is something for everyone. With parking available in front of your favorite store, shopping The Village is easy and convenient. Open Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m.-9 p.m. and Sundays from noon-6 p.m. Visit http://www.thevorh.com/ or http://www.facebook.com/thevorh for more information.
Click here for free summer fun for kids ideas and events in Oakland County and SE Michigan.