Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe
Don't throw out the pumpkin seeds when making Jack-O-Lanterns or cooking fresh pumpkins, they make great snacks that are rich in fiber as well as vitamins B and E. Kids especially love them. Purists will want only salt as a seasoning, but if you're feeling adventurous, experiment and have fun with seasoning blends. Last year I tried the garlic powder and salt and it was really good. I also went with the olive oil over the butter, and tried to keep up the healthy attributes.
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons melted butter or melted oil (olive oil or vegetable oil work well)
- garlic powder (optional)
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- seasoning salt (optional)
- cajun seasoning (optional)
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- While it's OK to leave some strings and pulp on your seeds (it adds flavor) clean off any major chunks.
- Toss pumpkin seeds in a bowl with the melted butter or oil and seasonings of your choice.
- Spread pumpkin seeds in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
Click here for more recipes
Click here for our OCM Guide to Halloween events in Oakland County, Metro Detroit and SE Michigan.
Click here for Trick or Treat hours and times for communities in Oakland County.
Click here for our Haunted Houses and Haunted Hayrides Directory.
Click here for "Low-Scare" Haunted attractions for younger children.
Click here for OCM Reviews of Cider Mills in Oakland County, Macomb County and Metro Detroit.
Click here for more Oakland County and Metro Detroit, Michigan events, activities and things to do.