I've gotten into the habit of roasting a chicken or grilling chicken breasts and then keeping them in the fridge for a quick meal fix. Here are some easy dish ideas that can be prepared quick and easy using left over chicken in the fridge. These aren't full recipes, but just ideas and they can easily be altered to your liking.
Ten Easy Grilled Chicken Dishes
1. Grilled chicken sandwich: take sour dough bread and spread with guacamole. Top with chicken. Add shredded cheese and top with other piece of bread. Cook on a sandwich press or foreman grill.
2. Chicken burrito: place shredded chicken on a tortilla, top with taco sauce and cheese. Microwave and fold.
2b. Chicken taco, chicken nachos, chicken fajitas ... you get the idea.
3. Chicken salad sandwich: chop the chicken and mix it with celery, onion, dressing, seasonings... serve on bread with fresh lettuce.
4. Mexican chicken bowl: shred chicken and place in bowl. Sprinkle with chili powder. Top with cheese. Heat. Top with shredded lettuce, green onions and sour cream. Scoop with tortilla chips.
5. Chicken and potato bake: dice chicken and mix with mash potatoes. Press into greased casserole dish. Top with cheese and bake.
6. Chicken and pasta: mix cooked pasta with butter and parmesan. Add chicken and a dash of salt and red pepper flakes if you like a little kick.
7. BBQ chicken pizza: top your favorite pizza dough with BBQ sauce, shredded colby jack, diced chicken, and chopped onions.
8. Chicken Ceasar Salad: Add sliced chicken to romaine lettuce, top with croutons, thickly grated parmesan, your favorite Ceasar dressing, and some cracked black pepper.
9. Buffalo chicken sandwich: dice chicken and mix with buffalo wing sauce. Heat. Spoon onto hamburger bun or into tortilla. Add blue cheese dressing and lettuce.
10. Chicken fried rice: add soy sauce to cooked rice and saute in wok. Push aside. Add egg and cook scrambled. Add chicken and peas and heat through.