The Adventure Park West Bloomfield is located at 6600 W Maple Rd in West Bloomfield, MI behind the Jewish Community Center.
The Adventure Park at West Bloomfield is based on a concept that is wildly popular in Europe with over 2,000 locations. The Adventure Park is new here in America and there are two locations locally in Michigan – West Bloomfield and Frankenmuth.
Oakland County Moms recently toured the West Bloomfield Adventure Park location, which spans over 5 acres and is filled with ropes course challenges and zip lines high up in the trees. The difficulty of the courses at Adventure Park work like a ski resort with different colors for varying levels of ability and ages…
The Adventure Park West Bloomfield features 10 courses ranging in level of difficulty from beginner to advanced:
- Purple (2) – Easy courses, designed for young children and beginners of all ages.
- Yellow (2) — Easy to moderate courses
- Green (2) — Moderate to challenging courses
- Blue (2) — Challenging courses
- Black (2) — Advanced; Extremely Challenging courses
ADVENTURE PARK WEST BLOOMFIELD PICS
Kids as young as 5-6 can go on the purple courses with an adult, and kids as young as 16 can go on the black courses solo.
No experience required! There is some training involved, but the end result is lots of adventure. Each climber selects a course at their comfort level and then navigates through it by moving from tree platform to tree platform. The courses include zip lines as well. Climbers move at their own pace and each course requires anywhere from approximately 15 – 30 minutes to complete. A climbing ticket entitles the visitor to unlimited climbs during a three-hour period so you can try out as many courses as you can complete. Park staff members are on-site and available for assistance or questions.
ADVENTURE PARK WEST BLOOMFIELD VIDEO TOUR
Adventure Park West Bloomfield parties of 10+ are very welcome and can take advantage of discount rates for a three-hour climbing package. Advance reservations are required.
2014 Adventure Park at West Bloomfield General Admission Pricing
General Admission does not require reservations. All tickets are valid for 3 hours of climbing time from time purchased unless otherwise specified.
- Age 12 & older: Mon. – Thurs.: $39 / Fri. – Sun. and Holidays: $44
- Ages 10–11: Mon. – Thurs.: $34 / Fri. – Sun. and Holidays: $39
- Ages 7–9: Mon. – Thurs.: $29 / Fri. – Sun. and Holidays: $34
- Ages 5 – 6: FREE (Each child must be accompanied on course by an adult. One adult per child)
- Twilight Special (Age 7 and up) – Available last three hours of the day and valid for the remainder of that day. Mon. – Thurs.: $24 / Fri. – Sun. and Holidays: $31
Ticket prices are based on the number of trails that are available for each age group.
There are some great grounds surrounding the courses. Guests are welcome to bring refreshments and enjoy the picnic tables free for as long as you like after climbing.
Adventure Park at West Bloomfield
6600 West Maple Road
West Bloomfield Township, Michigan 48322
Phone: (248) 419-1550
See related posts below for reviews of more fun kids places in Metro Detroit and Oakland County, Michigan.