Google Santa Tracker 2017 – Google Santa Tracker returns for its 5th fun-filled holiday season with a new look! Fans of the interactive Santa Tracker Village will instantly notice some differences from last year’s village. Gone is the vast horizontal side-scrolling from village destination to destination from 3 years ago, now the formal scrolls top to bottom. While I prefer the vastness of the old version, the new Google Santa Tracker is a bit easier to manage while retaining it’s beautiful design and animation.
Google Santa Tracker 2017
Google Santa Tracker 2017 – Not to be outdone by Norad Santa, Google has launched it’s own Santa Claus website – Google Santa Tracker. Google’s Santa Tracker website goes far and beyond the capabilities of Norad Santa (and most every Christmas-theme website for that matter). Google Santa Tracker is a full interactive experience for kids. There is so much to explore!
The games appear like they’re the same as last year with few exceptions but the order in the roll out seems different. For instance… my favorite game, Santa Gumballs, won’t unlock until Day 10. They seem to jumble up the order of the features every year, but the features are the same… by in large.
Despite the name, Google Santa Tracker is far more than following Santa sleigh on Santa’s Christmas Eve journey. Google Santa is a full Christmas village with many games and experiences to discover.
The journey begins with a scrolling view of a beautiful and colorful Christmas village. Each day (after December 1) “the village” reveals a new facet or place to visit. Among them…
Google Santa Tracker 2017 Features
- Day 1 – Code Lab – Game – Use coding to move an elf in a maze. Easy and Fun!
- Day 1 – Holiday Traditions – Educational – Click points on the map to learn how Christmas is celebrated throughout the world
- Day 1 – Wrap Battle – Game – Coordinate your own hip hop elf rap battle using the arrow keys!
- Day 1 – Ad – A link to download the Android App!! Boo!
- Day 2 – Code your Own Snowflake – Game – Put the pieces together on how you want your snowflake to look
- Day 3 – Translations – Educational – learn how to say Christmas words and phrases in other languages
- Day 4 – A Day at the Museum – Movie – Decent animated short featuring Santa & Elfs at a Christmas museum but games are more fun!
- Day 5 – Santa’s Canvas (NEW) – Educational – Draw pictures using a VERY creative and fun template.
- Day 6 – Code Boogie (NEW) – Game – Pick a stage and program some sweet dance moves for the elves!
- Day 7 – Present Bounce – Game – MY FAVORITE! Bounce the presents into the pot using springs and treadmills you arrange on the screen
- Day 8 – Penguin Dash – Game – Another addicting game. Use the arrow keys to slide the slippery penguin to the checkpoints
- Day 9 – Season of Giving – Sharing – Color an ornament for your favorite charity
- Day 10 – Gumball Tilt – Game – Use the arrow keys to guide the falling gumballs to a candy dish. Very addictive!
- Day 11 – Elf Jamband – Game – Move the elf musicians around to create you’re own jammin’ sound!
- Day 12 –
- Day 13 –
- Day 14 –
- Day 15 –
- Day 16 –
- Day 17 –
- Day 18 –
- Day 19 –
- Day 20 –
- Day 21 –
- Day 22 –
- Day 23 –
- Day 24 –
Google Santa Tracker obviously isn’t designed to be an educational mecca for children. The website is fantastic though. Think of the Google Santa Tracker website as an cyber Christmas Village. Or, if you’re old-school, those old-fashioned Hallmark Christmas houses where you reveal a new window each day leading up to Christmas. The games, trailers and other new daily facets aren’t vastly entertaining on their own (most are just sensory knick-knacks) but the sum of the parts is visually incredible. Visiting the website each day until Christmas will give your child another reason to get excited about the holiday season. Make sure you explore extensively as there are many neat facets you don’t think you can click, but you can.
See related articles and posts below for more Santa Claus websites, reviews and Christmas fun.
You can also purchase the Google Santa Tracker App.