MSU GATE summer programs info 2023. Michigan State University Gifted and Talented Education (GATE) summer programs are located on Michigan State University’s campus, in East Lansing, MI. GATE offers 4 SUMMER PROGRAMS geared towards academically gifted students in elementary, middle, and high school. The programs are for students currently in grades 3-11. Participating students work side-by-side with MSU students, faculty, and professionals to advance their interest and knowledge in specific fields of study.
Please visit www.gifted.msu.edu to learn about the eligibility requirements, application process, program tuition, and other important details. Online applications are now open and the deadline for registration is May 19, 2023.
MSU GATE Summer Programs 2023
MSU GATE Summer Programs – GUPPY
GUPPY is a weekend or weekday program that offers students a variety of accelerated and exploratory educational presentations and hands-on experiences. Each GUPPY track offers a variety of STEAM-based classes that expose students to topics beyond those typically explored in traditional classroom curriculum. Classes are taught by Michigan State University faculty and staff in MSU’s classrooms and laboratories. Participants are provided a taste of the collegiate lifestyle by traveling to and from classes, and eating at the MSU dining halls. Parents of participating students are invited to attend GUPPY’s Parent University: an informational presentation conducted by experts in gifted education on various topics pertaining to raising children who are gifted. Although GUPPY is a day program, out-of-town families are welcome to attend and stay locally.
- GUPPY 3-4 – Grades 3 and 4 – June 19 – June 23, 2023 (5 days)
- GUPPY 3-4 – Grades 3 and 4 – June 23 – June 25, 2023 (3 days)
- GUPPY 3-4 – Grades 3 and 4 – June 26 – June 30, 2023 (5 days)
- GUPPY 3-4 – Grades 3 and 4 – July 7 – July 9, 2023 (3 days)
- GUPPY 3-4 – Grades 3 and 4 – July 10- July 14, 2023 (5 days)
- GUPPY 3-4 – Grades 3 and 4 – July 17- July 21, 2023 (5 days)
- GUPPY 5-6 – Grades 5 and 6 – June 19 – June 23, 2023 (5 days)
- GUPPY 5-6 – Grades 5 and 6 – June 23 – June 25, 2023 (3 days)
- GUPPY 5-6 – Grades 5 and 6 – June 26 – June 30, 2023 (5 days)
- GUPPY 5-6 – Grades 5 and 6 – July 7 – July 9, 2023 (3 days)
- GUPPY 5-6 – Grades 5 and 6 – July 10- July 14, 2023 (5 days)
- GUPPY 5-6 – Grades 5 and 6 – July 17- July 21, 2023 (3 days)
MSU Gate Summer Programs – MST@MSU – Mathematics, Science, & Technology
The Mathematics, Science, and Technology (MST) program at Michigan State University is a one-week summer, commuter or residential, program for academically talented students who are currently in grades 7 and 8. The program is held at the MSU campus and offers a variety of topics that focus on real-world applications in mathematics, science, and technology. The goal of this program is to match the intellectual abilities of talented students with rigorous and challenging course work, which provides enrichment to, but does not duplicate or accelerate, course work that is part of the regular middle school curriculum. Students will participate in two classes and one workshop. Students must be a minimum age of 12 years old to sign-up for the residential option.
2023 MST@MSU Classes – Nuclear Astrophysics, Chemistry, Web Development Fundamentals, STATS in STEM, Kinesiology and Composing Electronic Music
MST@MSU – Mathematics, Science, & Technology – Grades 7 and 8 – Residential or Commuter
- June 26-30, 2023 (Commuter)
July 10-14, 2023 (Residential Available)
MSU GATE Summer Programs – MSTL – Mathematics, Science, Technology & Leadership
The Mathematics, Science, Technology, and Leadership (MSTL) program at Michigan State University is a two-week summer, commuter or residential, program for academically talented students who are currently in grade 9 and 10. The MSTL program offers advanced curriculum in STEM areas, as well as a leadership workshops pertaining to STEM careers. Students take two STEM-based classes that expose students to new developments in mathematics, science, and technology, and related career fields. Students will also take one leadership workshop which will introduce them to the concepts and skills required to be a leader in STEM fields.
- 2023 MSTL Classes – Fascinating Physics and Calculus- The Foundation of Modern Science
- 2023 2023 MSTL Leadership Workshop
MSTL – Mathematics, Science, Technology, & Leadership – Grades 9 and 10 – Residential or Commuter
- July 10-24, 2023
MSU GATE Summer Programs – IS4GT – Intensive Studies for Gifted and Talented
Intensive Studies for Gifted and Talented (IS4GT) is a one-week advanced program in a specific concentrated curriculum for gifted students grades 6-11. Each IS4GT immerses students in a particular subject during the week.
June 26-30, 2023 (Commuter)
- Intensive Study in Reflective Reading and Writing (Grades 6-11)
- PRE-LAW: LitiGATE, An Intensive Study in Prosecuting and Defending A Criminal Case (Grades 8-11)
July 10-14, 2023
- Intensive Study in PRE-MED ED (Grades 7-10)
Please contact the GATE office with questions
Gifted and Talented Education
University Outreach and Engagement
Michigan State University
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – 517-432-2129
Fax – 517-884-5927
For more info on MSU GATE Summer Programs, please visit their website.