Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup Recipe – Crock pot / slow cooker recipe for Chicken Taco Soup. Here’s my twist on chicken soup using plenty of chili beans.
I found this on allrecipes.com and tweaked it a bit to make it spicier.
Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup Recipe Ingredients
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- crushed tortilla chips (optional)
Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup Recipe Directions
1. Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
2. Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours. Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired.
See REVIEWS / RECIPES for more recipes.