Explore. Discover. Connect. YMCA Camp Pinewood Summer Camp in Twin Lake Michigan near Muskegon MI serves as year-round resident camp and premier summer camp destination for kids ages 5-17.
YMCA Camp Pinewood Summer Camp 2019 Description
“ Camp Pinewood has always been flexible with our family, from arriving late to picking up early, to anything in between. Our kids and us love the staff and how attentive everyone is in making sure our kids have a fun, safe week in the Piney’ Woods.” – Camp Parent 2015
Like many Y Programs, Camp Pinewood is about learning skills, developing character and making friends. Few environments are as special as camp; a community where campers & staff are active, learning, laughing and made to feel special.
Creating memories since 1925, camp is an outstanding opportunity for your child to make new friends, learn cooperation, develop independence, build self-esteem, master new skills, and experience new adventures. In a safe, encouraging environment, camp focuses on the values of honesty, caring, respect, and responsibility. From personalized programming to our lakeside setting, we have endless opportunities for campers to unplug, laugh, explore, and participate in the rich tradition of our Piney’ Wood Hills Home.
YMCA Camp Pinewood Summer Camp 2019 Activities (Activities are geared towards the developmental age of campers both young and old)
- Climbing Sports/Frisbee Games
- Sailing Survival & Outdoor Skills
- Mountain Biking
- Fishing/Pond Study
- Arts & Nature Crafts
- Population & Ecosystem Studies
- Leadership & Team Building
YMCA Camp Pinewood Summer Camp 2019 Resident Camp Info
Send your camper to Resident Camp and help promote independence, diversity, lifelong friendships with people from around the world, responsibility, respect, honesty & caring.
YMCA Camp Pinewood Summer Camp 2019 Resident Camp Dates
- Mini Camp 1 – June 23 – June 26, 2019
- Session 1 – June 23 – June 28, 2019
- Session 2 – June 30 – July 12, 2019
- Mini Camp 2 – June 30 – July 3, 2019
- Session 2A – June 30 – July 6, 2019
- Session 3 – July 14 – July 26, 2019
- Mini Camp 3 – July 14 – July 17, 2019
- Session 3A – July 14 – July 20, 2019
- Session 4 – July 28 – August 9, 2019
- Session 4A – July 28 – August 3, 2019
- Session 4B – August 4 – August 9, 2019
- Session 5 – August 11 – August 16, 2019
- CIT II (Counselors in Training II) – June 23 – July 12, 2019
- CIT I (Counselors in Training I) – July 14 – July 26, 2019
- LIT (Leaders in Training) – July 28 – August 9, 2019
- Pioneer Unit 2 – June 30 – July 12, 2019
- Pioneer Unit 3 – July 14 – July 26, 2019
- Pioneer Unit 4 – July 28 – August 9, 2019
YMCA Camp Pinewood Summer Camp 2019 Resident Camp Costs
- 1 Week Session – $670.00
- 2 Week Session – $1,110.00
- Mini Camp – $455.00
- LIT/CIT I Programs – $1,125.00
- CIT II Program – $1,220.00
- Pioneer Unit Program – $1,125.00
YMCA Camp Pinewood Winter Camp 2019
One week at the end of December – Cost is $525 – see the YMCA Camp Pinewood website for more details!
Online Registration is now available – head to www.ymcachicago.org/pinewood and select the register tab at the top of the page. For more information on Resident Camp go to, www.ymcachicago.org/pinewood/pages/summer-camp. YMCA Camp Pinewood is proudly accredited by the American Camp Association.
Camp Pinewood offers year-round Outdoor Environmental Education (OEE) programs as well as group retreats and conferencing.
Teambuilding, recreation activities, OEE, heated cabins, excellent food service, and year-round programming led by well-trained staff are things that your school, church youths, scout or corporate group can expect when you organize a trip to Camp Pinewood!
“As a returning teacher, I am confident that when my students are at Camp Pinewood they are safe, actively engaged in their learning, and developing skills that simply can’t be taught in the classroom. The exceptionally professional, and highly trained staff at Pinewood will go out of their way to accommodate the needs of any group or individual in order to make the camp experience one that will last a lifetime.” 5th Grade Teacher – Snow Elementary, Dearborn, MI.
YMCA Camp Pinewood Summer Camp
4230 Obenauf Rd
Twin Lake, MI 49457
Brandon Krozel, Executive Director
Contact Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – 231-821-2421
Fax – 231-821-0487
Website – www.camppinewood.com
For more info on YMCA Camp Pinewood Summer Camp, visit www.camppinewood.com