ACE Education Oakland Schools’ Early College Programs – Accelerated College Experience Info for the ACE Education program from Oakland Schools. ACE offers free tuition, an opportunity to earn an Associate’s Degree WHILE in high school, and much more.
Oakland Schools believes in fully preparing students to be meaningful contributors in a diverse society.
One way Oakland Schools achieves this goal is through their esteemed Accelerated College Experience program, better known as ACE. This program caters to those students who are facing challenges in high school that may inhibit them from reaching their full college potential in the future. At Oakland Schools, they don’t want anything standing in your child’s way from achieving his or her best self.
ACE Education Oakland Schools’ Early College Programs Opportunities
- Earn an associate degree WHILE IN high school
- Receive free tuition, textbooks and Google Chromebook
- Extensive college preparation
- Assistance with financial aid forms and selecting a major
- Career exploration activities
- Portfolio development
- Network with other students from all across Oakland County
ACE Education Oakland Schools’ Early College Programs Works
ACE offers support and guidance to students who meet the following eligibility
- Currently enrolled at a participating Oakland County high school
- Qualifying score on the Oakland Community College (OCC) English placement test
- First generation college student or qualified for free/reduced lunch program
- Own transportation to and from OCC
If your child meets the above requirements, they enroll in ACE in the 10th grade. This three-year program spans from grades 11 and 12, plus an additional year as a full-time student at OCC. Your child would split time between courses at their home high school and OCC.
ACE Education Oakland Schools’ Early College Programs Summed Up
Through ACE, your child has the opportunity to work toward his or her high school diploma while also earning college credits – all for FREE.
Interested in learning more about ACE?
Attend one of Oakland Schools’ remaining Parent Information Nights. All meetings are from 6:30p to 7:30p
ACE Education Oakland Schools’ Early College Programs Schedule 2018
- Jan 30, OCC Auburn Hills, 2900 Featherstone Road, Auburn Hills, building F, room 123
- Feb. 7, OCC Orchard Ridge, 27055 Orchard Lake Road, Farmington Hills, building B, room 210
- Feb 15, OCC Royal Oak, 739 S. Washington Avenue, Royal Oak, room B-217
ACE Education Oakland Schools’ Early College Programs – Already convinced?
- Have your child apply by visiting OaklandACE.org, download and complete the Application Part I and submit it to his or her high school counselor
- Have your child take the placement tests facilitated by Oakland ACE staff
- Complete Application Part II and submit it to your high school counselor
- Get prepared for amazing things to happen
For more information on ACE Education Oakland Schools’ Early College Programs, contact 248-209-2396, email ACE@oakland.k12.mi.us, or visit OaklandACE.org