Art and Apples Contest Winners 2012 – The 2012 Art and Apples Festival Applie Pie and Apple Desert Contest in Rochester Municipal Park once again featured celebrity guest judges and, as usual, the most delicious desserts in Metro Detroit. Oakland County Moms will feature the winning recipes in the coming days in our recipe ssection.
2012 Art and Apples Festival celebrity guest judges included
- Rochester Hills Mayor, Bryan K. Barnett
- WXYZ Channel 7 Anchor, Dave LewAllen
- Miss Oakland County, Shelby Gardiner
- Miss Oakland County Outstanding Teen, Vanessa Chambe
- Pastry Chef at the Royal Park Hotel, Mark Slessor
- Director Rochester Hills Public Library, Christine Hage
Families at the Art & Apples Festival got a sneak peek at the delectable apple pies and desserts before the judges began their quest to pick a winner.
Thirteen pies and eight desserts made for a powerfully sweet aroma not even the strongest breeze could break. The judges had no problem getting through samples of each pie and dessert.
Art and Apples Contest Winners 2012
Art and Apples Contest Winners 2012 – Desserts
- 1st place – Diana Lenaway, Washington – Caramel Apple Cupcake
- 2nd place – Rani France, West Bloomfield – Upside-Down Cinnamon Apple Coffee Cake
- 3rd place – Bella Bennett, Rochester Hills – Apple Dapple Coffee Cake
Art and Apples Contest Winners 2012 – Pies
- 1st place – Cynthia Zalewski, Rochester Hills – Caramel Apple Pecan Pie
- 2nd place – Madeline Gilbert, Rochester Hills – Apple Pie with Crumb Topping
- 3rd place – Cheryl Zaranek, Rochester Hills – Back to Basics Apple Pie
Dave LewAllen returned as a judge after a few years off. When asked how this year’s experience compared, LewAllen replied, “Well, it was just pies then. Now we have desserts as well. For me, that’s all the better. And, I got to actually judge the desserts this year vs. pies. There are eight entries – a variety of things. It was really a tough choice.”
This year’s Art and Apples baking competition hosted one of the youngest competitors, 9 year-old Zach from Rochester Hills. Zach explained the inspiration behind his dessert creation, “My grandma made it for my mom, my mom made it for my dad, and now I’m making it for my whole family. I like to bake. It’s my first time entering the competition.”
See related posts below for more Art and Apples Contest Winners 2012
Be the first to comment