Blue Cheese Potato Salad Recipe. Here’s a perfect recipe for the fun summertime backyard BBQ – Blue Cheese Potato Salad. Ingredients, Directions, recipe.
Makes: 8 servings Cook: 20 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Blue Cheese Potato Salad Recipe Ingredients
- 5 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) light blue cheese dressing
- 1-1/4 cups light mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium-size red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Chives or dill for garnish, optional
Blue Cheese Potato Salad Recipe Directions
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Scrub potatoes and add to pot; if potatoes are not uniform in size, add largest first then smaller ones, waiting a few minutes between additions. Cook about 20 minutes or until tip of knife can be inserted easily into center of potatoes. Drain and rinse under cool water.
2. While potatoes are cooking, bring a pot of salted water to a boil; add green beans. Cook 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; rinse under cool water.
3. In a large bowl, stir cream cheese, dressing, mayonnaise, salt and pepper; mix well. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel, if desired, and cut into cubes. Stir into mayonnaise mixture along with drained green beans, onion and garlic. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with chives or dill, if desired.
See REVIEWS / RECIPES for more recipes.
Be the first to comment