Blueberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast Recipe – Ingredients include frozen blueberries, cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, vanilla, French bread, eggs, milk, half and half, cinnamon, nutmeg, and powdered sugar.
My kids’ school recently held a volunteer breakfast where the teachers make a nice spread of breakfast foods for the parents who volunteer at the school. One of the dishes was getting some hype and I was told the teacher was famous for it, so I had to get the recipe. And, if you’re looking to be the highlight at the next brunch, I highly recommend bringing this Blueberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast dish.
Blueberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast Ingredients –
- 1 loaf white bread (no crusts)
- 6 cups fresh/frozen blueberries (rinsed)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 loaf French bread
- 7 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Blueberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast Ingredients Directions –
Cut white bread into cubes and place into the bottom of a greased 9×13 pan. Sprinkle blueberries evenly over bread. Microwave cream cheese in bowl for 2 minutes. Stir carefully and add sugar, sour cream and vanilla. Spread over blueberries. Cut French bread into 10-1 inch slices, place over cream cheese. Beat eggs, milk, half and half, cinnamon and nutmeg and pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bake @ 350 for 45 minutes covered then uncovered for approximately 15 minutes. Let set before slicing. Sift powdered sugar over before serving.
Note: the originator of this recipe mentioned the following specifics of the Blueberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast Ingredients recipe –
- The loaf of white bread I used was Meijer Brand Texas Toast. I just cut the crusts off and then cubed it for the bottom layer.
- The blueberries were fresh picked last summer from an organic blueberry farm in Capac that I just froze and have ready whenever I need them. I’ve always made this recipe with these blueberries so I’m not sure how it would work with fresh ones from the store.
- For the cream cheese and sour cream I used the 1/3 less fat versions (have to try and cut the fat/calories whenever possible).
- The French bread was from the Meijer bakery.
- Milk was 2% and I used the regular half and half this time. I have used the fat free before. I honestly didn’t notice the difference, it was just what I had on hand this time.
See REVIEWS / RECIPES for more recipes