Caramel Apple Brownies Recipe – This is the 2nd-place winning dessert recipe for the 2013 Art and Apples Festival in Downtown Rochester MI.
This Caramel Apple Brownies Recipe submitted by Pam and Julie Ritter of Bloomfield Hills, Michigan won 2nd place in the Apple Desserts category at the 2013 Art and Apples Festival in Downtown Rochester.
Caramel Apple Brownies Recipe Ingredients
- 1 stick salted butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup chopped pecans, plus ¼ cup whole pecans
- 2 large honey crisp apples (about 1 pound) peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes, about 2 ¾ cups
- 8oz Caramel Sauce (homemade or store bought). More if you want to top the brownies after they cool, which I recommend!
Caramel Apple Brownies Recipe Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×9 brownie pan or Pyrex dish with parchment paper that extends up the sides of the pan. Butter parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl beat together softened butter, sugar and egg with a hand mixer until light and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add chopped pecans and apples, and stir by hand until combined. Add flour mixture, and stir until combined.
- Spread batter in pan. Place caramel sauce in microwave and heat 30 seconds, stir and heat another 30 seconds. Drizzle caramel over batter, top with whole pecans and bake until golden, about 35 to 40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes, then drizzle extra caramel topping over cooled brownies. Allow to set before cutting.
Congratulations again to Pam and Julie Ritter of West Bloomfield!
See REVIEWS / RECIPES for more recipes
Be the first to comment