Caramel Apple Brownies Recipe – This is the 1st-place winning dessert recipe for the 2014 Art and Apples Festival in Downtown Rochester MI.
This recipe won 1st place in the dessert category at this year’s Art and Apples Fest for Rani France of West Bloomfield.
CARAMEL APPLE BROWNIES RECIPE INGREDIENTS
- 1 stick salted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans plus 1/4 cup whole pecans
- 2 large firm-sweet apples (about 1 pound) peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes, about 2 3/4 cups
- 20-25 caramel candies
CARAMEL APPLE BROWNIES RECIPE DIRECTIONS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×9 brownie pan with parchment paper that extends up the sides of the pan. Butter parchment paper & set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl beat together butter, sugar, and egg with a hand mixer until light and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add chopped pecans and apples and stir by hand until combined. Add four mixture and stir until combined.
- Spread batter in pan. Place caramel candies in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, stir and then microwave for another 30 seconds. Drizzle caramel over batter, top with whole pecans and bake until golden, about 30-40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes, then cut into 12 bars. If you like an extra caramel flavor for topping, drizzle additional melted caramel over the top of cooled brownies and allow to set before cutting.
Oakland County Moms is proud to feature the award-winning recipes from the Art and Apples Festival in Downtown Rochester each year in our recipes section.
See related posts below for more 2014 Art and Apples Rochester winning recipes.
See REVIEWS / RECIPES for more recipes
Be the first to comment