Cauliflower Hummus Recipe – it’s Keto-friendly, gluten-free, dairy-free, and so YUMMY. Make your own hummus recipe and easy step-by-step directions.
Our friends at The Daring Kitchen always come up with amazing, creative recipes. We’re excited to announce that they’re going to be providing recipes to our readers from time to time. Check out their website for incredible recipes as well as helpful kitchen product reviews.
The Daring Kitchen’s Cauliflower Hummus Recipe
So, the ongoing question, in most of the conversations, these days is to figure out ways to help shed those pounds that have silently crawled under our skin during the lockdown! With only as many options available to get back to our active lifestyle, people have suddenly turned to eat healthier meals first to get stronger immunity, and secondly, to help lose extra body fat.
We, too, can feel this pain, which is why here we have an exciting snacking dip for you all. Cauliflower hummus is a very-low-calorie alternative to regular hummus and tastes very delicious too. Moreover, this cauliflower hummus recipe is:
- And dairy-free!
This version of hummus is also a great way to include more fiber in your regular diet. Just pair it up with equally healthy snack foods to enjoy healthy snacking.
While preparing cauliflower hummus, you can either steam (or boil) the cauliflower florets or roast them so that they are get thoroughly cooked. I find roasting cauliflower a better option as it gives so much depth and nuttier taste to the end product. The steamed and boiled ones may taste a bit bland as opposed to this one with a fuller flavor. You need to have a good blender for this recipe, I used my immersion blender, but feel free to use any other you have.
So, here is how you can prepare this quick and easy-to-prepare Cauliflower hummus!
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon tahini, or 4 tablespoons overnight soaked and drained sesame seeds
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¼ cup water, or more
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, for garnish
- A pinch paprika, for garnish
- A pinch cumin powder, for garnish
Cauliflower Hummus Recipe Directions
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees C and line a baking tray with butter paper.
- Place cauliflower florets on a lightly greased baking tray and roast it for about 20 minutes or more, until cauliflower starts turning golden brown in color.
- Remove the roasted cauliflower from the oven and let it cool to room temperature.
- Process roasted cauliflower with water until it turns into a paste.
- Add tahini (or sesame seeds), garlic, and lemon juice to the blender and process the ingredients again until the mixture turns smooth.
- Add extra virgin olive oil, cumin powder, salt, and whiz the ingredients back until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy in consistency.
- Transfer the hummus into a serving bowl and create a shallow depression at the center.
- Add olive oil, paprika, and cumin powder on top.
- Your cauliflower hummus dip is ready to serve!
For more fantastic recipes, like this cauliflower hummus recipe, visit thedaringkitchen.com