Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Cake recipe – DIY recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Cake. You can make your own DQ-style ice cream cakes.
Vary this dessert by using different flavors of ice cream, a different kind of cookies, adding your favorite topping between the ice cream layers…
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Cake Recipe Ingredients
- 1 (18 ounce) package small chocolate chip cookies
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup hot fudge topping
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 12 cherries
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Cake Recipe Directions
1. Crush half the cookies (about 20) to make crumbs. Combine crumbs with melted margarine and press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan or pie plate. Stand remaining cookies around edge of pan. Spread 3/4 cup fudge topping over crust. Freeze 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, soften 1 quart of ice cream in microwave or on countertop. After crust has chilled, spread softened ice cream over fudge layer. Freeze 30 minutes.
3. Scoop remaining quart of ice cream into balls and arrange over spread ice cream layer. Freeze until firm, 4 hours or overnight. To serve, garnish with remainder of fudge topping, whipped cream and cherries.
See REVIEWS / RECIPES for more recipes.