Corn Flakes Christmas Wreath Cookies Recipe – list of ingredients, directions, and recipe for the Christmas cookie classic – the wreath cookie made with Corn Flakes. These cookies look like little Christmas wreaths and are great fun for the kids to help with. Very Easy. People always look at these suspiciously, but once they try them, they can’t get enough. Recipe may be halved. These cookies are essential to any holiday cookie tray because of the festive colors and shape.
Original recipe yield 3 dozen wreath cookies
Corn Flakes Christmas Wreath Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups Kellogg’s Corn Flakes cereal
- 1 (2.25 ounce) package cinnamon red hot candies
1. Microwave marshmallows and butter on High for 2 minutes. Stir, then microwave on High for 2 minutes more. Stir. (This can be done in a double boiler if one doesn’t have a microwave.)
2. Add and mix quickly the coloring, extracts, then cornflakes. Drop by spoonfuls in clumps on greased wax paper and decorate with 3 red hots each.
3. Once cool, transfer to lightly greased serving/storage tray with lightly greased fingers.
PHOTO CREDIT – thailand1dollarmeals.com (There pic is much better than the pics of my wreath cookies)
This Corn Flakes Christmas Wreath Cookies Recipe was derived and tweaked from an internet recipe.