Donate old cell phones to help domestic violence shelters by using Hopeline from Verizon. HopeLine® from Verizon offers a quick option for getting rid of old cell phones while fighting domestic violence.
Verizon Wireless’ HopeLine® program collects no-longer-used wireless phones and equipment in any condition from any service provider. The used phones are either refurbished or recycled. With the funds raised from the sale of the refurbished phones, Verizon Wireless donates wireless phones and airtime to survivors, and provides funding and other contributions to non-profit domestic violence shelters and prevention programs across the country.
Through HopeLine, consumers can easily recycle wireless devices, batteries and accessories from any wireless provider. Recycled phones are refurbished, generating proceeds that are donated to domestic violence organizations. Phones complete with 3,000 minutes of service are provided to victims of domestic violence, providing a lifeline of support. If phones are unable to be reused, they are disposed of in an environmentally-friendly way. Since the program began in October 2001, more than 1.72 million phones have been properly disposed of in an environmentally sound way.
Donating an old wireless phone to HopeLine® from Verizon is as easy as following these four steps:
- Turn the phone’s power off.
- Make sure the phone’s batteries are installed in the phone you are returning. Please do not include any loose batteries.
- Please remove storage cards (microSD, etc.) and SIM cards from phones prior to donation. Also be sure to return any travel chargers or other accessories that came with the devices.
- Seal the package and adhere the free postage-paid label to the box/envelope and drop it in the mail.
- Don’t forget to include your return address on the shipping label.
For more information about how to donate old cell phones to help domestic violence, please visit the Hopeline by Verizon website.
Give spring cleaning a new meaning this year by recycling no-longer-used wireless devices and giving back to a goodcause! By donating used goods to HopeLine from Verizon, spring cleaning no longer becomes a chore, but a way to help the planet and your community.