Easter Basket Ideas for Kids with Food Allergies – I’ve had to be pretty creative with non candy Easter Basket Ideas because my daughter has serious food allergies and food sensitivities. Having food allergies doesn’t have to take all the fun out of Easter, nor should it. My son with the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Eggs in his basket sometimes likes his sister’s “trinkets” basket more than his candy-filled one.
The good news is, I’ve found that most children with serious food allergies don’t love candy as much as kids that don’t. Most have grown so accustomed to their diets that beyond fitting in socially, they don’t crave what’s bad for them (for obvious reasons). I know my own daughter would rather decorate the eggs than eat them (or a chocolate bunny).
Easter Basket Ideas for Kids with Food Allergies
- Flower and vegetable garden seed packets
- Gift cards to the movie theatre
- Decks of cards or Uno cards
- Baseball cards
- Stickers or sticker books
- DIY birdfeeder kits from Home Depot
- DIY build and paint craft kits from Michaels or Hobby Lobby / available on Amazon
- Crayons on other Art supplies
- Travel games
- Super balls
- Google Store or iTunes gift cards
When it comes to Easter Basket Ideas for Kids with Food Allergies, your local dollar store is your best friend! Happy Easter!