Gluten Free Dairy Free Banana Bread Recipe – This banana bread recipe can be 100% dairy free if you omit the chocolate chips. It’s simple to make and very tasty.
Gluten Free Dairy Free Banana Bread Recipe Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free all purpose flour (I use the Trader Joes brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 small ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup pumpkin butter (available seasonally at Trader Joes), or canola oil, or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional, omit for dairy free)
In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. In a medium bowl, blend the eggs, bananas, sugar, applesauce, pumpkin butter (or oil), and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and stir until moistened.
Pour into an 8″x 4″ loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with chocolate chips (leave out for dairy free). Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Makes one loaf.