Green Tea Summer Punch Recipe – How to make a delicious fruit punch recipe using green tea, fresh fruits, cinnamon & other spices as ingredients.
I’m probably one of the few adults that dislike coffee and I don’t really enjoy pop or soda that much. My morning drink of choice is cold (or iced) green tea. I brew a pot of it and refrigerate it to wake up to the next day. I don’t even add sugar or lemon.
My habit started years ago when I started hearing about all the awesome health benefits of green tea. Green tea has been shown to stimulate metabolism, accelerate weight loss, maintain healthy skin, fight off colds and even help with seasonal allergies. Ito En’s Teas sent me a great recipe to try. Green Tea Summer Punch (below). I’m looking forward to trying it. The fruitiness and spices will add a lot of flavor. I never thought about “dressing up” green tea until I read this but it makes sense. It will be a great summer treat for my kids in lieu of “sugared-up” lemonade or pop.
Green Tea Punch Recipe
Prep Time – 15 minutes
Cook Time – 3 hours
Makes – 3 quarts / 12 servings
Green Tea Summer Punch Recipe Ingredients
- 2 quarts TEAS’ TEA Pure Green
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 8 whole cloves, plus more for garnish
- peeled slices fresh ginger (about 1 inch by 2 inches each)
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
- 1 quart apple juice
Green Tea Summer Punch Recipe Preparation
- Combine the tea, cloves, two pieces of ginger and two cinnamon sticks in a large pitcher.
- Let steep at room temperature for about two hours. Refrigerate for up to an hour.
- Wash the orange and slice it into thin pieces.
- Wash, core and slice the apple. Stud the slices with cloves.
- Remove the cloves, cinnamon and ginger from the tea.
- Mix the tea, juice and remaining cinnamon sticks and ginger in the pitcher.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Do you have a favorite Green Tea Summer Punch Recipe?