Healthy Spanish Rice recipe – ingredients, directions, and recipe for a healthy spanish rice using olive oil, tomato sauce, chopped onions, red bell peppers, and guac.
Here’s a quick and easy way to make your own healthy Spanish Rice.
Healthy Spanish Rice recipe Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup your favorite tomato sauce (I used my mom’s homemade sauce YUM!)
- 1 tablespoon favorite taco sauce (I used taco bell)
- 1 c. diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 c. diced black olives
- shredded mexican cheese for garnish (optional)
- guacamole for garnish (optional)
Healthy Spanish Rice recipe Directions
1. Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion and red bell pepper, and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Cook rice in chicken broth according to package directions. Add tomato sauce, taco sauce, chicken, and sauteed onions and red peppers and heat through. Mix in olives. Served topped with cheese and guacamole (optional).
See REVIEWS / RECIPES for more recipes