Italian Chili Recipe is basically a twist on the traditional chili dish. Chili is so versatile and already has so many different regional recipes, I thought I would put together one that celebrated my own heritage…an Italian version.
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced green peppers
- 3 large mushrooms, diced
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 lb Italian seasoned ground sausage
- 32 oz stewed tomatoes with liquid
- 15 oz can dark kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
Sautee the garlic, onions, green peppers and mushrooms in the olive oil. Add seasonings…Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper, and chili powder. Stir to mix well. Add in the ground sausage and cook til browned. Stir in stewed tomatoes and beans. Simmer for 30-40 minutes. Top with grated mozzarella cheese.
Enjoy this Italian Chili Recipe from Oakland County Moms