Kona Grill Troy MI Review – Pics, menu info, hours. Kona Grill is located at Big Beaver at Livernois in Troy. Kona Grill’s tagline says “kitchen. sushi. cocktails.”
But that doesn’t quite do it justice or give the full picture.
I visited Kona Grill for lunch during Troy Restaurant Week. Kona Grill has a unique menu that makes it difficult to describe the style of this restaurant. It’s not strictly Japanese, or a steakhouse, or a seafood joint, etc.
KONA GRILL TROY MI PICS
The menu at Kona Grill in Troy includes…
- appetizers (smoked gouda fondue, avacado egg roll, diablo shrimp, spinach artichoke dip…)
- sushi salads (chili lime shrimp, grilled chicken and pear, grilled asparagus, seven spice ahi…)
- flatbreads (common creations like pepperoni and margherita, and more unique combinations such as roasted corn and goat cheese)
- sandwiches (cheeseburgers, roast beef and gruyere, chicken caprese, ahi steak…)
- entrees such as meatloaf, steaks, fish, jambalaya, pad thai, and lobster mac n cheese
- soups (miso, chicken chili, clam chowder, tomato basil bisque)
Kona Grill Troy MI is spacious and modern inside, and has a bar and patio (both are closed to under 21 after 9pm). There is plenty of seating available, including a sushi bar. The booths are large and cozy, and don’t feel like you’re too close to the table next to you. I love this because I typically dine out when I’m with an old friend or my husband and we love to talk freely.
Restaurant week at Kona Grill Troy MI is an excellent deal. I ordered an appetizer and an entree off the restaurant week menu and it was cheaper than if I had ordered just the entree during regular dining times. I had the sweet chili glazed salmon and a California roll. Both were excellent. The food was quality, fresh, and excellent portion sizes. The portion sizes were unchanged as well (for restaurant week). Sometimes the restaurants reduce portion sizes during restaurant week, but Kona Grill did not in this case.
The staff at Kona Grill Troy was kind and courteous. Overall, I really enjoyed the whole experience and I can see how Kona Grill could become my next meet-up spot.
Kona Grill Troy
30 E Big Beaver Rd.
Troy, MI 48083
Kona Grill Troy MI Hours
Monday – Thursday 11a-11p
Friday – Saturday 11a-12a
See our REVIEWS/RESTAURANTS tab for more Oakland County and Metro Detroit MI restaurant reviews, pics and more.
For more info on Kona Grill Troy MI, visit www.konagrill.com/menu/kitchen