National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation Facts and Trivia – In honor of Cousin Eddie (and hilarious Christmas movies), here are some neat facts & trivia to look for the next time your family watches National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.
OAKLAND COUNTY MOMS BLOG ENTRIES
It’s Christmas and holiday movie season. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation is a holiday movie classic that gets regular rotation among the networks at Christmastime.
National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation Facts and Trivia
- The Griswolds’ neighbor’s house is the same house Murtaugh and his family lived in all the Lethal Weapon movies. The houses on this street are on the Warner Brothers Studios back lot.
- The house front from Bewitched and The New Gidget appears in the home movie that Clark is watching in the attic.
- In the scene when the police storm into the Griswolds’ house, the song “Here Comes Santa Claus” sung by Gene Autry is used for the background music. Randy Quaid (cousin Eddie) is the third cousin of Gene Autry.
- According to Randy Quaid, many of cousin Eddie’s characteristics (most notably the clicking of the tongue) were based off a guy that Quaid knew from when he grew up in Texas years ago who had similar traits.
- The brand of beer Cousin Eddie is drinking as he empties his septic tank is Meister Brau.
- When Clark is in bed trying to read the People Magazine with sticky fingers from the tree sap, the person shown on the cover of the magazine is Producer Matty Simmons.
- The scene where the cat bites on the Christmas lights cord and gets electrocuted was nearly cut from the movie. Prior to the first test screening. the studio execs wanted the scene taken out, fearing that it might offend some viewers, but producer Matty Simmons begged them to leave the scene in, and they eventually gave in to his request. After the first test screening, the test audience had scored the cat electrocution scene as the No. 1 favorite scene throughout the entire movie.
- Despite being a “Christmas movie,” Christmas Day is never actually seen. The film ends on Christmas Eve.
SOURCE – IMDB
RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER FACTS AND TRIVIA
See related posts below for more holiday movie facts and trivia! To learn more National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation facts and trivia, visit www.imdb.com.
Be the first to comment