Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe – this recipe comes straight from Chef Jodi from the world famous The Griddle Café in Los Angeles. The Griddle Cafe sent us this recipe in 2010 and I’m bringing it back by popular demand.
Tis the Season for pumpkin pancakes at the world-famous Griddle Café on Sunset Blvd. in West Hollywood, California. These delectable stack of 3 giant pancakes is topped with fresh whipped cream, pumpkin pie filling (loaded with fiber, immunity-boosting vitamin A, and incredible flavor) and powdered sugar along with 100% Maple syrup.
The Griddle Café is one of the top breakfast spots in Los Angeles. Chef Jodi, founder and CEO is a self-trained chef who is responsible for the menu. Jodi is one of 3 chosen Chef Ambassadors of 2010 for The American Egg Board, for which she has written many recipes. www.thegriddlecafe.com. Now, the Golden Cafe is sharing their famous Pumpkin Pancakes recipe with Oakland County Moms so you can make them in your home this Halloween season!
Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups of your favorite dry pancake mix
- 3 Tbsp dark-brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp pumpkin-pie spice
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin puree (for an easier option ~ use 1 cup of Libby Pumpkin Pie filling, which is already seasoned. Omit the pumpkin pie spice and vanilla if choosing this option)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil, plus more for the griddle.
Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe Directions
- In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. In another large bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin, egg, vanilla extract, and oil. Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or large frying pan on medium high. Pour the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook the pancakes until bubbles form in the batter and the edges begin to brown. Then flip them and cook until the other sides are lightly browned.
- Top with store bought or homemade whipped cream and powdered sugar…ENJOY
**Makes 20 pancakes
See our REVIEWS / RECIPES tab for more great recipes.
Thanks again to Jodi and www.thegriddlecafe.com for the Pumpkin Pancakes recipe!