Raspberry Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe – Using a twist on a Cinnamon Rolls recipe ala Cinnabon and using Raspberry pie filling instead of cinnamon.
I love making homemade Cinnamon Rolls like Cinnabon, and my kids think they are the best dessert in our house. They’re so good, we made them a holiday tradition that we all look forward to. So, instead of making them frequently and having our tradition lose its thrill, I decided to put a small twist on them…
In place of the cinnamon mixture, I used raspberry pie filling. And, instead of the typical glaze that I smear on top of the rolls, I used a cream cheese icing. These taste soooo good. My kids loved them!
Raspberry Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe Ingredients
- 1 c milk
- 3 T water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 c butter, melted
- 3 1/3 c all-purpose white flour
- 3 T sugar
- 3/4 t salt
- 2 t yeast
Raspberry Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe Filling
1 can of pie filling (any flavor)
- Put ingredients into the breadmaker in the following order: yeast, flour, sugar, and salt.
- Mix the melted butter, beaten egg, milk and water and pour it onto the dry ingredients in the bread maker. Set the bread maching on the dough setting.
- When the dough is done, put it onto a lightly floured surface. Add flour if necessary to make the dough less sticky and not so elastic. If the dough is too soft and elastic, it will be difficult to roll.
- Use a floured rolling pin to roll out the dough into a rectangular shape that is about 1/4-in thick.
- Spread the pie filling over the entire surface of dough with spoon. You don’t have to use all of the filling. Amount will vary depending on the size of the rectangle. Too much filling will make it slippery when rolling, and it will ooze out.
- Carefully roll the dough into a long log. Using a butter knife, cut 1-in sections and place them into a greased 9×13 pan.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and leave in a warm place for approx 30 minutes. The rolls will double in size.
- Bake the rolls in a 350° oven for about 25 minutes or until they are light brown on top.
- When done, make cream icing glaze (recipe below) and swirl over the buns.
- ½ cup cream cheese at room temperature
- 3 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup to 1½ cups powdered sugar