Rotisserie BBQ Chicken Recipe – It’s grilling season! I love it! Here’s a recipe for cooking a rotisserie chicken on a gas grill with a rotisserie attachment.
Rotisserie BBQ Chicken Recipe Ingredients
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 tablespoon ground black pepper
Rotisserie BBQ Chicken Recipe Directions
1. Season the inside of the chicken with a pinch of salt. Place the chicken onto a rotisserie and set the grill on high. Cook for 10 minutes.
2. During that time, quickly mix together the oil, 1 tablespoon of salt, paprika and pepper. Turn the grill down to medium and baste the chicken with the oil mixture. Close the lid and cook for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, basting occasionally, until the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees F (83 degrees C) when taken in the thigh with a meat thermometer.
3. Remove from the rotisserie and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting into pieces and serving.
A couple tips to help: tie the wings and legs up, and put a foil pan under the chicken to catch the buttery drippings but make sure to keep a liquid in the drip pan to avoid a fire (e.g. beer, water, or apple juice).
See REVIEWS / RECIPES for more recipes.