Slow Cooker Apple Crisp Recipe – recipe for an apple crisp you can cook in your slow cooker or crock pot. Makes up to 8 servings!
Makes: 8 servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: slow cook 2 hours on HIGH; 4 hours on LOW
View Nutrition Facts
Slow Cooker Apple Crisp Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch wedges (10 cups)
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
Slow Cooker Apple Crisp Recipe Directions
1. Coat 2- to 4-quart slow-cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
2. Topping: In a small bowl, mix together flour, sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Add butter; work into flour mixture using a pastry blender or fingers until coarse crumbs form. Stir in pecans and set aside.
3. Filling: In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, ginger and cinnamon. Stir in apples; toss to coat.
4. Spoon apple mixture into slow cooker and sprinkle topping over it. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or LOW for 4 hours, or until apples are tender. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
See REVIEWS / RECIPES for more recipes.