Spencer Park Bass Tournament 2022 info – Spencer Park in Rochester Hills MI hosts an annual bass tournament each June. This year’s bass tournament is scheduled for Sunday, September 25, 2022 from 3p-5:30p. The Bass Tournament is FREE but a vehicle permit is required to enter Spencer Park for the event. Contestants are welcome to stay, picnic, or swim before or after the tournament!
Spencer Rochester Hills Park Bass Tournament 2022 (TENTATIVE)
- The Tournament is open to all ages and skill levels.
- Tournament participation is $5. Participants receive free park vehicle entry.
- The Tournament is a shore fishing only event. Participants may fish from the shore anywhere around the lake except from the south end of the swim area to the north side of the watercraft rental area. This area is indicated on the depth chart.
- Participants may not enter the water deeper than ankle deep.
- You must register to participate.
- The actual fishing portion of the Tournament runs from 3:00 pm. until 6:00 pm.
- The start and finish of the Tournament will be signified by a whistle or air horn sound emitted from the beach area.
When a largemouth bass is caught, wave down the scoring vehicle as it travels around the lake. Tournament officials will record the catch.
- All bass must immediately be released after recording. Tournament fishing is Catch and Release.
- For the Heaviest Caught categories, catches will be considered by weight. Ties will be broken by length, then first caught.
- For the Most Caught category, the most largemouth bass caught wins the category. Ties will be broken by total weight, then length.
- The Heaviest Caught category and Most Caught category can be won by any age.
- A participant cannot win more than one prize category. If a participant is the final leader of more than one category, they will be designated winner of the first category they are the leader of in the following order: Heaviest Caught, Heaviest Caught 12 & under, Most Caught, Casting Contest. The runner up in additional categories led by the first participant will win those categories.
- If a tagged fish is caught during the Tournament, a prize will be awarded for whomever catches the first tagged fish.
Participants ages 12 and under can compete in the Casting Contest. The contest is held just outside the boat house shelter. Participants may enter the casting contest anytime during the Tournament.
- Casting Contest ties will result in a playoff.
- All Prizes will be awarded starting at 6:00 pm in the Boat House shelter. You must be present to win.
- Fishing equipment is not provided. Bring your own fishing poles and tackle.
- Watercraft rental will be closed for the day of the Tournament.
- Tournament participants are invited to make use of the park after the Tournament.
- Please pick up your litter.
This page is intended to be used as a guide. Oakland County Moms does not endorse these events. Oakland County Moms is not responsible for changes to event descriptions, event times or details being altered without notice or cancellations.
See our Events / Things To Do tab for more events, activities and things to do in Oakland County and Metro Detroit Michigan.
The Park Bass Tournament is open to ALL AGES and SKILL LEVELS. In the past, prizes have been awarded in several different categories but Oakland County Moms does not have prize info for this year’s tournament.
Spencer Park Rochester Hills (Thelma G Spencer Park on Carter Lake)
3701 John R Rd
Rochester Hills, MI
Sunday, September 25, 2022 from 3p-5:30p (registration begins at 10a and closes at 1p)
Rochester Hills Weekend Events – Spencer Park Bass Tournament
Spencer Park (3701 John R Rd, Rochester Hills, MI, 248-656-4657)
The Park Bass Tournament is open to ALL AGES and SKILL LEVELS. All fishing is done from shore and there will be prizes for the most bass caught and also for the largest bass. Tournament participation is $5. Participants receive free park vehicle entry. To register, visit www.rochesterhills.org. MORE INFO…
For more in on Spencer Park Bass Tournament, visit www.rochesterhills.org or contact Chris Parsell at email@example.com 248-656-4657.
Be the first to comment