Spinach and Feta Pita Recipe – easy recipe for a spinach and feta pita recipe using tomato pesto, mushrooms, and more. An excellent vegetarian recipe.
I love spinach and I love feta. I can’t wait to try this one. This recipe is very easy to make.
Spinach and Feta Pita Recipe Ingredients
* 6 (6 inch) whole wheat pita breads
* 1 (6 ounce) tub sun-dried tomato pesto
* 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
* 1 bunch spinach, rinsed and chopped
* 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced
* 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
* 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 pinch ground black pepper to taste
Spinach and Feta Pita Recipe Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Spread tomato pesto onto one side of each pita bread, and place them pesto side up on a baking sheet. Top with tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, feta cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and season with pepper.
3. Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven or until pita breads are crisp. Cut into quarters and serve.
See REVIEWS / RECIPES for more recipes.