Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Bread Mix Review and Recipe – review of TJ’s Pumpkin Bread Mix and a recipe for Pumpkin Swirl Truffle Brownies (made from the mix).
I recently bought the Pumpkin Bread & Muffin Mix at Trader Joe’s. I made a loaf and it was a great fall treat.
Here is a variation and recipe you can do with the Mix to give it a twist.
Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Bread Mix Recipe
1. Add chocolate chips. I added about 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips to the mix before pouring it into the baking pan. There’s something about chocolate and pumpkin. It’s (almost) as good as chocolate and peanut butter.
2. Make pumpkin swirl truffle brownies. Yes, here’s where the chocolate comes into play in an interesting way. In a nutshell, this requires a box of Trader Joe’s truffle brownies and a box of the Pumpkin Bread & Muffin Mix, and they end up swirled together in a tornado of goodness. Here’s the recipe from Trader Joe’s website
Pumpkin Swirl Truffle Brownies Recipe (using the mix)
- 1 box TJ’s Brownie Truffle Baking Mix
- 1 box TJ’s Pumpkin Bread and Muffin Mix
- 4 large TJ’s Eggs
- 1 stick (4 oz.) TJ’s Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup TJ’s Canola Oil
- 1 cup Water
- 1 quart Pilgrim Joe’s Pumpkin Ice Cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, prepare Brownie Truffle Baking mix according to package directions. In another large mixing bowl, prepare Pumpkin Bread Mix according to package directions. Pour brownie mixture into a greased 9″ x 12″ baking pan and spread across pan. Pour the pumpkin mixture over the brownie mixture, and with a large stiff spatula swirl the two mixes together to make a marble effect. Place in oven and bake for 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool, cut and serve with a scoop of Pumpkin Ice Cream! Serves 12
Cooking Time – 50 Minutes
Trader Joe’s also sells a gluten free version of this blend.
The Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Bread and Muffin Mix I used for making Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread was fantastic and very easy to use.