Upside-Down Cinnamon Apple Coffee Cake Recipe – Second-place winning dessert recipe for the 2012 Art and Apples Festival in Downtown Rochester MI.
Oakland County Moms is proud to feature the award-winning recipes from the Art and Apples Festival in Downtown Rochester each year. Rani France of West Bloomfield won 2nd place in the 2012 Art and Apples Dessert Contest with this recipe for Upside-Down Cinnamon Apple Coffee Cake. Special thanks to Rani for sharing this delicious apple dessert recipe!
Upside-down Cinnamon Apple Coffee Cake Recipe Ingredients –
- 1 ½ cups apples, chopped and peeled
- 1 can (12.4 oz) Pillsbury cinnamon rolls with icing
- ½ pecan halves
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons corn syrup
Upside-down Cinnamon Apple Coffee Cake Recipe Directions –
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9 inch glass pie plate with cooking spray. Spread 1 cup of the apples in the pie plate
- Separate dough into 8 rolls. Cut each roll into quarters; place in large bowl. Add remaining ½ cup apples and pecans.
- In small bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and corn syrup until well blended. Add brown sugar mixture to dough mixture; toss gently to combine. Spoon mixture over apples in pan.
- Bake 28-38 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 5 minute. Invert onto serving platter.
- Remove lid from icing. Microwave icing for 15 seconds. Drizzle over warm coffee cake. Serve warm.
See REVIEWS / RECIPES for more recipes