Vegetarian Cheddar Quiche Recipe – recipe for a vegetarian quiche using vegetables and shredded cheddar cheese – The Veggie Cheddar Naked Quiche.
Tracee Yablon Brenner RD, CHHC of Real Food Moms dot com sent us a vegetarian quiche recipe that offers a great opportunity to mix and match different vegetables. Since it is difficult enough to get kids to eat their vegetables, quiche is a great way to mix the vegetables into a meal they will enjoy.
Vegetarian Cheddar Quiche Recipe
Vegetarian Cheddar Quiche Recipe Ingredients
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup, chopped Onions
- 1 1/2 cups Cauliflower, asparagus, spinach, tomatoes, broccoli or a combo chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk 2%,skim, rice or soy milk
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Salt, table
Vegetarian Cheddar Quiche Recipe Facts
Serving Size: 1/4
Preparation Time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking Time: 30 minute(s)
Nutrition Facts per serving
Nutrition Facts per serving Calories: 203 Total Fat 13.8g Saturated Fat 5.6g Cholesterol 281.7mg Sodium 492.3mg Total Carbohydrate 6.5g Dietary Fiber 1.4g Sugars 3.7g Protein 13.4g
Vegetarian Cheddar Quiche Recipe Cooking Directions:
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Lightly grease an 8 x 8 casserole dish or 8-9 inch pie pan with olive oil or butter.
- Spread onions evenly throughout casserole dish and put it in the oven while you are preparing the other ingredients.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, salt and milk with a whisk.
- Take the dish out of the oven using oven mitts.
- Spread cauliflower and cheese evenly throughout casserole dish.
- Pour mixture over cauliflower, onions and cheese.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until vegetables are cooked and casserole is golden brown.
- Refrigerate in a sealed container for 2-3 days.
See REVIEWS / RECIPES for more recipes