IHOP will celebrate National Pancake Day 2023 on Tuesday, February 28, 2023. Diners are welcome to enjoy a FREE shortstack of buttermilk pancakes and to contribute to the Children’s Miracle Network, Shriners Hospitals, and Leukemia & Lymphoma Society as so many diners have done in previous years.
2023 Info – IHOP will celebrate National Pancake Day 2023 on Tuesday, February 28, 2023 from 7a-7p with a free pancakes at participating locations.
For 2023, if you are an IHOP Rewards member, you get 2x “PanCoins” on your account for any additional items you may purchase in addition to your short stack of pancakes. You can sign up for the IHOP rewards programs here.
On previous years, the restaurant chain asked Pancake Day diners to make donations to the fundraising year for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. In 2012 alone, IHOP raised more than $3 million for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and other charities. It doesn’t look like they will be asking for donations for the charities as they have done in previous years.
Even through IHOP doesn’t appear to be accepting donations for Beaumont Children’s Hospital any longer, you can make donations HERE. Locally, Beaumont Children’s, a Children’s Miracle Network Hospital, received the donations in the past from the following SE Michigan / Metro Detroit iHOPS on Pancake Day.
- Bloomfield Hills
- Dearborn Heights
- Royal Oak
- Sterling Heights
National Pancake Day Fun Facts
- IHOP served four million free pancakes on Pancake Day 2011 and pancake lovers donated more than $2.5 million to children’s charities, exceeding the fundraising goal of $2.3 million.
- All of the free pancakes served on Pancake Day 2011 would create a stack nearly 16 miles high.
- Since the inception of Pancake Day in 2006, IHOP has raised nearly $8 million and given away more than 14 million pancakes to support charities in the communities in which it operates.
- National Pancake Day or Free Pancake Day 2011 was IHOP’s largest one-day event in the company’s 53-year history.
- Since National Pancake Day® began in 2006, IHOP®, our franchisees and guests have raised close to $30 million for IHOP’s community partners.
For more information on Pancake Day, or to learn about Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and make an online donation, visit www.ihoppancakeday.com.
IHOP Note: Pancake Day is a tradition that dates back several centuries to when the English prepped for fasting during Lent. Strict rules prohibited the eating of all dairy products during Lent, so pancakes were made to use up the supply of eggs, milk, butter and other dairy products…hence the name Pancake Tuesday, or Shrove Tuesday. It will culminate with the free pancake giveaway on February 28, 2023.
See our Events / Things To Do tab for more events, activities and things to do in Oakland County and Metro Detroit Michigan.
This page is intended to be used as a guide. Oakland County Moms does not endorse these events. Oakland County Moms is not responsible for changes to event descriptions, event times or details being altered without notice or cancellations.
For more about National Pancake Day 2023, visit www.ihoppancakeday.com or email