IHOP will celebrate National Pancake Day 2021 for the entire month of April. Because we can’t celebrate Pancake Day in person this year, iHop is giving away IOUs for a free shortstack of hotcakes you can redeem for the entire month of April, 2021. All you need to do is sign up for their mailing list. You’ll also receive a free shortstack just for signing up. Signees are also asked to continue to contribute to the Children’s Miracle Network, Shriners Hospitals, and Leukemia & Lymphoma Society as so many diners have done in previous years.
2020 Info – IHOP will celebrate National Pancake Day 2020 on Tuesday, February 25, 2020 from 7a-7p with a free pancakes at participating locations. Guests receive a on Tuesday, February 25, 2020 from 7a-7p with a free pancakes at participating locations. Guests receive a free short stack of buttermilk pancakes. In return, diners will be asked to leave a “little something” for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and other designated local charities on Free Pancake Day.
Donations from National Pancake Day 2021 will benefit
- Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals
- Shriners Hospitals for Children
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
On National Pancake Day 2021, the restaurant chain hopes to raise $5 million as the first national fundraising campaign to kick off the fundraising year for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. In 2012 alone, IHOP raised more than $3 million for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and other charities.
The goal for Pancake Day 2021 is to raise. $5 million dollars for charity!
Locally, Beaumont Children’s, a Children’s Miracle Network Hospital, will receive the donations from the following SE Michigan / Metro Detroit iHOPS on Pancake Day
- Bloomfield Hills
- Dearborn Heights
- Royal Oak
- Sterling Heights
National Pancake Day Fun Facts
- IHOP served four million free pancakes on Pancake Day 2011 and pancake lovers donated more than $2.5 million to children’s charities, exceeding the fundraising goal of $2.3 million.
- All of the free pancakes served on Pancake Day 2011 would create a stack nearly 16 miles high.
- Since the inception of Pancake Day in 2006, IHOP has raised nearly $8 million and given away more than 14 million pancakes to support charities in the communities in which it operates.
- National Pancake Day or Free Pancake Day 2011 was IHOP’s largest one-day event in the company’s 53-year history.
- Since National Pancake Day® began in 2006, IHOP®, our franchisees and guests have raised close to $30 million for IHOP’s community partners.
For more information on Pancake Day, or to learn about Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and make an online donation, visit www.ihoppancakeday.com.
IHOP Note: Pancake Day is a tradition that dates back several centuries to when the English prepped for fasting during Lent. Strict rules prohibited the eating of all dairy products during Lent, so pancakes were made to use up the supply of eggs, milk, butter and other dairy products…hence the name Pancake Tuesday, or Shrove Tuesday. It will culminate with the free pancake giveaway on February 25, 2020.
See our Events / Things To Do tab for more events, activities and things to do in Oakland County and Metro Detroit Michigan.
This page is intended to be used as a guide. Oakland County Moms does not endorse these events. Oakland County Moms is not responsible for changes to event descriptions, event times or details being altered without notice or cancellations.
For more about National Pancake Day 2021, visit www.ihoppancakeday.com or email