Rugby Grille Birmingham review, pics and menu info – The Rugby Grille is located within the Townsend in Birmingham, MI. I had lunch at the Rugby Grille recently to try out their luxurious $55 Foie Burger.
Rugby Grille Birmingham Pics
The Rugby Grille at the Townsend is a world-class restaurant that serves a wide array of creative dishes in a refined atmosphere, with excellent service. When we first arrived at the Rugby Grille, we were greeted and seated right away. The staff was courteous and efficient.
The atmosphere was beautifully quiet and serene… the perfect place to enjoy a peaceful meal. I’ve been to high end restaurants that can get quite loud which takes away from the experience. The Rugby Grille wasn’t packed when we went, but there was still something overall peaceful about it. Tables were set with white tablecloths, fine silverware, and crystal glasses.
The Rugby Grille menu has plenty to choose from and is very creative. Some examples include –
- Appetizers – Jumbo Lump Crab Cake prepared with a coconut lobster red curry and served with green papaya salad
- Soups and salads – Marinated Burrata with grilled butternut squash, smoked almonds, arugula, and minus 8 aged vinegar
- Principal plates – Brown Butter Scallop served with cauliflower, broccolini, grapefruit and pickled grapes
- Steaks and chops – 32 oz. Wagyu Tomahawk Chop for two, served with choice of bordelaise, brown butter bearnaise, or maitre d’ butter.
- Desserts – Deconstructed Pumpkin Pie… pumpkin pie cremeux, poached pear, ginger crumble, burnt honey ice cream, mango gel, and cinnamon tuile
The Rugby Grille offers an award-winning wine list 16 pages long that is filled with high-end wines. There’s even a very large selection of dessert wines and other dessert drinks and cocktails.
Rugby Grille Birmingham serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks, dessert, and weekend breakfast and brunch, and has an outdoor patio for seasonal dining during the warmer seasons.
The Rugby Grille also offers Cooking with Style classes that focus on different cultures and their food. Read my review of their French Bistro class.
Rugby Grille at the Townsend Hotel
100 Townsend St, Birmingham, MI 48009
Rugby Grille Birmingham Hours
Thursday – 6:30a–10p
Friday – 6:30a-11p
Saturday – 6:30a-11p
Sunday – 6:30a–10p
Monday – 6:30a–10p
Tuesday – 6:30a–10p
Wednesday – 6:30a–10p
Breakfast – 6:30a – 11a
Lunch – 11a-3p
Dinner – 3p-close
Weekend Brunch – 6:30a-3p
See our REVIEWS/RESTAURANTS tab for more Oakland County and Metro Detroit MI restaurant reviews, pics and more.
See related posts below for more info on the Rugby Grille Birmingham or visit The Rugby Grille website.