Detroit Zoo Wild Lights pics, review, and info for 2020 / 2021. 5 million LED Christmas lights illuminating more than 280 animal sculptures transform the Detroit Zoo grounds into a holiday feast for the eyes. “Wild Lights” is back for 2020 / 2021 with expanded days, expanded hours, more lights, and more options. The Zoo improves Wild Lights every year and now it is a full-fledged holiday tradition that should be on every Metro Detroiters Christmas bucket list.
Detroit Zoo Wild Lights Pics
Detroit Zoo Wild Lights Dates and Times 2020
The Detroit Zoo closes at 4p on Wild Lights Days and the Wild Lights show begins at 5p and runs until 9p on select weeknights & Sundays & 5p-10:30p on Fridays & Saturdays. There will be no access to animal exhibits during Wild Lights.
Wild Lights Tickets Info 2020
Ticket prices vary (between $15-$20) depending on time slot you purchase tickets for. Detroit Zoo parking is $8 and isn’t included in the price of admission. Parking fee is required for ALL vehicles. Walk-up tickets are sold for $20. Children under 2 years old are FREE.
- General Admission tickets to Wild Lights start at $15 and range to $20 (online / walk-up slightly extra) depending on date and time of the event. Parking is $8 per car.
2019 INFO / Not available for 2020 due to covid
You can purchase different packages for Wild Lights to enhance your experience. For 2019, you can purchase the Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer package (includes Wild Lights admission PLUS Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer 4D Experience) on any night of the event. The Winter Rink and Carousel rides will also be available for purchase. The Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition in the Ford Education Center, showcasing some of the world’s most spectacular photography, is included with admission.
- The Rudolph, which includes one un-timed admission for Wild Lights and one ticket to the 4-D Theater to see “Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer 4D Experience”, is $16-$23 (online / walk-up slightly extra) depending on the night of the event.
- The Winter Rink Package, which includes one un-timed admission for Wild Lights and one session on the skating rink, is $18-$25 (online / walk-up slightly extra). Carousel rides and photos with Santa Claus will also be available for purchase.
For 2019, Wild Lights offers the following features…
- Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer 4-D presentation at the 4-D Theater* – Closed for 2020 Due to Covid
- Add a session the synthetic plastic Glice skating rink* – Closed for 2020 Due to Covid
- Carousel Rides* – Closed for 2020 Due to Covid
* = ticket upgrade option (more info below)
# = not included with admission
This page is intended to be used as a guide. Oakland County Moms does not endorse these events. Oakland County Moms is not responsible for changes to event descriptions, event times or details being altered without notice or cancellations.
See our Events / Things To Do tab for more events, activities and things to do in Oakland County and Metro Detroit Michigan.
For more info on Detroit Zoo Wild Lights and to purchase tickets, visit detroitzoo.org