Win free Detroit Zoo tickets all year long courtesy of Oakland County Moms and The Detroit Zoo. To enter to win four free tickets to the Detroit Zoo…
The Detroit Zoo is now SAFELY OPEN (see safety guidelines below). Reservations must be booked in advance at detroitzoo.org/health.
All guests are required to schedule their time slot on the Detroit Zoo website prior to their visit so the zoo can maintain capacity limits and ensure touchless transactions. A limited number of general admission tickets will be available at the gate each day with pricing of $15 per child or senior, and $19 per adult.
The DZS is limiting capacity at the Detroit Zoo over our 125 acres. The zoo will be closely monitoring the situation and decide when to increase capacity limits in the days and weeks ahead.
After scheduling your visit, you will receive an email with your digital ticket, safety details and a digital map, as the Zoo will not be providing paper maps.
Schedule your visit today at www.detroitzoo.org.
$14-19 Adults (19 years – 64)
$10-15 Children (2 years – 18)
$10-15 Seniors (65+)
Enter to Win Free Detroit Zoo Tickets Contest
- Sign-up for our free OaklandCountyMoms.com newsletter here
- Become a fan of or “like” our Oakland County Moms facebook page.
- e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Put ZEBRAS in the subject line and don’t forget to include ALL of your contact info (name/e-mail/phone #). Please let me know if you’ve completed steps 1-3.
I’ll accept entries until Sunday, November 1, 2020 and draw/notify a winner on Monday, November 2, 2020. The winner will receive four free tickets to the Detroit Zoo valid any day the Zoo is open through 2020. Winners will have the tickets sent directly to their address via snail mail. Oakland County Moms is NOT responsible for lost mail or late delivery. Rides, attractions and parking fees are not included. These tickets ARE NOT VALID for special events or evening Detroit Zoo events (YES, like Wild Lights). Winners will be announced on this page (below). These tickets are valid through 12/31/20.
Zoo Tickets Contest Winners 2020
- January 20, 2020 Winner – Jo Ann B
- February 3, 2020 Winner – Liz C of Wolverine Lake
- February 17, 2020 Winner – Brooke H
- March 9, 2020 Winner – Brittney P
- March 23, 2020 Winner – Kaitlin D
- April 13, 2020 Winner – Erin B
- April 27, 2020 Winner – Kristina D of Macomb
- May 11, 2020 Winner – Jessica N
- October 12, 2020 Winner – Jan A
- November 2, 2020 Winner – TBD ENTER TODAY
Detroit Zoo Guidelines for Covid / Mask Safety
- Unless otherwise prevented by a medical condition, the Detroit Zoological Society and the State of Michigan require that all guests 5 and older wear a mask while inside Zoo buildings (including restrooms), in crowded outdoor areas and when less than six feet from other guests, staff and volunteers.
- Face masks must fit properly and securely cover your mouth and nose. Face masks with vents or valves are not permitted as they do not help prevent the spread of the virus, according to the CDC. Face shields are not accepted as substitutes for masks, but they may be worn as an added layer of protection.
- Face masks are for sale at the Detroit Zoo’s Zoofari Market.
- When guests are physically distanced from others not in their party, they are allowed to temporarily remove their masks as long as they are not in a specific mask-required zone.
- Additionally, there are open, grassy areas where visitors can move away from crowds and take a mask break.
- Guests can temporarily take off their masks while eating or drinking.
- Guests are required to wear masks when they approach staff or volunteers at any time during their visit, and when they are near other guests – especially while passing others walking along the pathways throughout the Zoo.
- As individuals infected with Covid can often be “asymptomatic” and still spread the virus, we encourage individuals who cannot wear a mask to rethink their visit.
- In order to protect other guests, staff and volunteers, guests who do not or cannot wear a mask will be prohibited from entering crowded indoor spaces or crowded outdoor areas.
The Detroit Zoo is open 362 days a year and had over 1.3 million visitors last year alone! Ticket prices vary depending upon the day and how busy the Zoo is. Buy tickets online in advance and save $$$. Parking for the Detroit Zoo is just $8 per vehicle. For more info, contact the Detroit Zoo at 248-541-5717 or visit www.detroitzoo.org.
8450 W 10 Mile Rd
Royal Oak, MI 48067
PHOTO CREDIT – Kristen Rourke
Stay tuned to win free Detroit Zoo tickets twice every month on Oakland County Moms.