The Hawk Farmington Hills preview, pics, and info the new, state of the art, community center in Farmington Hills on W 12 Mile Rd. The location is the old Farmington Hills Harrison High School and operated and maintained by the City of Farmington Hills.
The Hawk is scheduled to open to the public on Friday, June 4, 2021.
The Hawk is set to be a community hub in addition to being home to many of Special Services (Parks & Rec) Departments’ programs, events, camps, and youth sports..
To enjoy the amenities of The Hawk, you must purchase a Hawk Pass. Hawk Passes will be available for purchase beginning May 1, 2021 HERE.
The Hawk Farmington Hills Features Include
- The Hawk Fitness Center (see below for more info)
- Aquatics Center (see below for more info)
- High Score Esports Egaming Facility for Social & Competitive Gaming (see below for more info)
- Hawk Theatre – 766 seat theatre with modern sound & light system upgrades
- The HAWK Makerspace – a shared resources workshop (see below for more info)
- Indoor Sports – 3 full basketball courts, open gym times, pickleball court, volleyball nets
- Outdoor Sports – rec leagues, tournaments, classes, and instruction using the fields of the old Farmington Hills Harrison High School – baseball, football, tennis, track & field, soccer, softball, and more.
- Hawk’s Nest Child Watch (for kids ages 3-11)
- Party Room overlooking the Aquatics Center
The Hawk Farmington Hills Pics (more COMING SOON)
The Hawk Aquatics Center – Features include: zero depth entry, a water slide, a lazy river, a zip line, a climbing wall, and modern lockerrooms (and a family lockerroom). The Aquatics Center will offer swim lessons, lifeguard & CPR training, open swim times, and more.
The Hawk Fitness Center – Features include: free weights, bikes, spinning bikes, treadmills, strength training, adaptive exercise equipment. The fitness center will offer orientations, personal training, group training, and group classes.
The Hawk High Score Esports Egaming Facility – State of the art social and competitive esports & egaming experiences. This space will be home to many classes, programs, and esports leagues.
The Hawk Makerspace – Amenities include: a table saw, band saw, 3D printers, laser cutters, format printers, textiles, CNC router, and more. Makerspace Pass holders will be allowed allowed to use the amenities for personal use during open studio hours. In addition the City of Farmington Hills will host classes and workshops featuring experts in the fields of specific types of equipment.
Farmington Hills already has a vast array of public resources that few communities in Oakland County can really compete with. Outside of The Hawk community center, Farmington Hills also boasts Founders Sports Park, an extensive parks system with Heritage Park (and its nature center) as the city’s park jewel, the Aquatic Center at the Costick Center, the modern FH ice rink, Riley Archery Range, a splash pad, dog park, the historic Longacre House, and more.
29995 West 12 Mile Road
Farmington Hills, Michigan 48334
PHOTO CREDITS – All photos unmarked with an OCM Watermark are courtesy of fhgov.com
See our Oakland County Parks Tab for more Oakland County and Metro Detroit, Michigan park reviews and pics.