Haunted Houses Metro Detroit 2021 – Haunted Hayrides, Haunted Houses and Haunted Halloween Attractions in Oakland County, Macomb County, the Detroit area, and the Flint area for the 2021 Halloween season.
METRO DETROIT HAYRIDES
METRO DETROIT HALLOWEEN EVENTS
OAKLAND COUNTY TRICK OR TREAT HOURS
OAKLAND COUNTY MOMS CIDER MILLS DIRECTORY
NOT SO SCARY HAUNTED HOUSES & HAYRIDES FOR KIDS
HAUNTED HOUSES & HAUNTED HAYRIDES
Please read the Haunted Houses Metro Detroit descriptions of some of the attractions and review their websites. Some of the content on these hayrides are very family friendly and some feature material that is far too scary for younger kids. Please use your best judgment when selecting. Friday and Saturday night rides and attractions often have older/rowdier crowds so you may want to consider going on Sundays or going before 9p if you’re going to take a child. We have a listing of low-scare haunted houses for kids page. See related posts below.
Haunted Houses Metro Detroit 2021 – Oakland County
Holly Haunted Attraction – Rotten Manor Haunted House & Haunted Forest
Rotten Manor & Rotten Asylum/Forest (13245 Dixie Hwy Holly, MI 48442, 248-390-4195, rottenmanor.com)
Rotten Manor Dates – September 10 – October 31. This attraction is NOT open 7 days per week. Check their website for dates
Rotten Manor Description – “Two full 35-45 minute attractions, Rotten Manor, and Rotten Asylum/ Forest. Boasting the largest, most realistic custom structures of any attraction in Michigan, Rotten manor is a highly-detailed, theatrical, and immersive experience in fear”.
Rotten Manor Holly Website
Lake Orion Haunted Attraction – Canterbury Village Fright Village
Canterbury Village (2359 Joslyn Ct, Lake Orion, Michigan 48360, 248-391-5700)
Fright Village Dates – October 1-2 , 7-9, 14-16, 21-23, and 28-31 starting at 8p.
Fright Village Description – “This is haunted and scary”. 4 separate haunts – Phryte Doll Company- Factory Tour, Phryte Manor- Dead & Breakfast, Phryte Wing – Sunnydale Hospital and Phryte Gardens – Field of Screams.
Fright Village Website
Madison Hts Haunted House – Azra Chamber of Horrors Haunted House
Azra (31401 John R Rd, Madison Hts, MI 48071)
Azra Dates – September 24 – October 31 – Weekend SAs & SUs from 7p-midnight, Sundays & weekdays 7p-11p. Halloween 7p-midnight. This attraction is NOT open 7 days per week. Check their website for dates
Azra Haunted Description – “The story goes that many years ago in Azra there were countless battles in the Quest of Lasers. When finally the light had gone and all that remained was darkness it left the people of Azra trapped inside, their souls held hostage by a mighty dragon that would never let them escape. The dragon fed on their fears and summoned demons to unleash relentless terror onto Azra. A demon for each chamber to the maze to feed the dragon’s never ending hunger.”
Azra Haunted Website
Pontiac Haunted House – Haunted Erebus
Haunted Erebus (18 S Perry, Pontiac, Michigan 48342, 248-332-7884)
Haunted Erebus Dates – September 10 through Novmeber 6 (6-11p Sundays, 7:30p-10:30p Mondays through Thursdays, 6p-1a Fridays and Saturdays). This attraction is NOT open 7 days per week. Check their website for dates
Haunted Erebus Description – The Haunted Erebus 4-Story Haunted Attraction returns. With over 60 years of haunting experience, the Terebus brothers have made Erebus one of the top haunted attractions in Michigan.
Haunted Erebus website
White Lake Haunted House – Full Moon Manor / Field of Screams Haunted Corn Maze
Full Moon Manor (1215 White Lake Rd, Highland, MI 48356, 248-787-0032)
Haunted Manor Dates – Weekends from September 27-October 26 from Dusk-11p
Haunted Manor Description – Dual Attractions. In its 7th season.
Haunted Manor website
Haunted Houses Metro Detroit 2021 – Macomb County
Armada Haunted Houses and Hayrides – Haunted Blake’s Halloween, Blake’s Spookyland Haunted Hayrides
Blake’s Orchard & Cider Mill (Blake’s Orchard & Cider Mill (71485 North Avenue, Armada, MI 48005, 586-784-5343, 24 Hour hotline – 586-784-9710)
Haunted Blake’s Halloween Dates – Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays only beginning September 18 through the end of October.
Haunted Blake’s Halloween Prices – Several ticket packages available at varying prices.
Haunted Blake’s Halloween Description – Blake’s Haunted Halloween features “Spookyland”, “Haunted 3-story Barn, “Spookyland”, “Zombie Paintball Safari Haunted Hayrides” and more. Not recommended for young children. Haunted Blake’s is very popular. Live DJ entertainment on Saturdays and food and drink to purchase. Click here for a review and photo gallery of daytime Blakes’ Barnyard Funland and Spookyland attraction..
Haunted Blake’s Haunted Attractions website
New Haven Haunted Attraction – Scarefest Scream Park
Scarefest Scream Park (61288 Gratiot at 28 Mile, New Haven, MI, 586-749-6666)
Scarefest Scream Park Dates – September – 17 October – 31 Tickets go on sale 6p. Haunted attractions hours are 7p-Midnight, 8p to midnight in for September weekends). This attraction is NOT open 7 days per week. Check their website for dates
Scarefest Screampark Description – Castle of the Dead Haunted House, Hayride of Doom, Forest of Darkness, Terror Zone Haunted Maze, or Survive The Night Haunted Camping. Each attraction has their own level of fright (Hayride = least scary, Castle of the Dead = most scary). Heated Club Terror Zone bar tent featuring food and alcohol, bonfires, nightly entertainment and more.
Scarefest Scream Park website
Haunted Houses Metro Detroit 2021 – Wayne County
Romulus Haunted House – Deranged Haunt
Deranged Haunt (35560 Goddard Rd, Romulus, MI 734-890-2473)
Deranged Haunt Hours – Dates – September 17 through October 31
Deranged Haunt Description – ” A haunted house and haunted forest for one low price! Five Acres of Frightening Fun in Romulus”
Deranged Haunt website
Ypsilanti Township Haunted House and Haunted Attraction – Wiard’s Orchards Haunted Thrill Park
Wiard’s Orchards (5565 Merritt Rd, Ypsilanti Township, Michigan 48197)
Night of Terrors Dates – Fridays and Saturdays from 7:15p-10p for September dates (18,24,25) and from 7:15p-11:30p for October Dates (Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays) Halloween Night from 7:15p-10p.
Night of Terrors Description – 6 Haunted Attractions in 1 location. Haunted Attractions include Splattertown Haunted Paintball, Ultimate Haunted Barn, The Asylum, The Mind Shaft, Hayride of the Lost, and Alien Caged Clowns. Wiard’s Night of Terrors designed to scare adults and children under 10 years old are not recommended. Children over 10 must accompanied by an adult. “89 acres of terror”.
Wiard’s Orchards Night of Terrors Haunted Attraction website
Westland Haunted House – Hush
Hush (34043 Ford Rd, Westland, MI, 734-502-6026)
Hush – Dates – September 24,25, – October 1,2,8,9,10,15,16,17,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31 November 5,6
Hush – Description – Ranked Michigan’s “Haunt of the Year” in 2013. completely rebuilt for 2016, Expanded in 2018. “We aim to provide unique & immersive entertainment experiences in the heart of Metro Detroit. Our award-winning actors and movie-quality sets come together to create a trip worth losing sleep over.” Features – HUSH FALLS, VOODOO BAYOU, DECEND THE BASEMENT and ROSECLIFF HALL.
Haunted Houses Metro Detroit 2021 – Livingston County
Haunted Houses Metro Detroit 2021 – Genessee County
Mt Morris Michigan Haunted House – Exit 13 Haunted House
Exit 13 Haunted House Location (6069 N Saginaw St, Mt Morris, MI, 810-858-9768)
Exit 13 Haunted House Dates – September 17,18,24,25 October 1,2,3,8,9,10,15,16,17,22,23,24,29,30,31, Friday and Saturdays doors open 7p. Sundays and Thursdays doors open at 7p. Halloween doors open at 8p.
Exit 13 Haunted House Description – Voted best haunted attraction in Genesee County. Newly renovated and expanded. No recommended for under the age of 13. Actors are allowed to touch patrons.
Exit 13 website
Haunted Houses Metro Detroit 2021 -Hillsdale County
Jonesville Haunted House – Darksyde Acres
Darksyde Acres (11375 Rowe Road, Jonesville, MI, 517-549-5100)
Darksyde Acres Dates – September 11 through November 6. This attraction is NOT open 7 days per week. Check their website for dates.
Darksyde Acres Description – Darksyde Acres features 7 haunted attractions at 1 location on 70,000 square feet! Darksyde Acres boasts it is “Michigan’s only haunted attraction utilizing Hollywood-style fx and scare tactics.” The Catacombs, The Rusthole, The Dark Abyss, The Labyrinth, and KlowneTowne await.
Darksyde Acres website
Haunted Houses Metro Detroit 2021 – Lapeer County
Lapeer Haunted Attraction – Past Tense After Dark / Livingston County
Past Tense After Dark (1965 Farnsworth rd at Daley Rd 2 1/2 miles north of lapeer, MI off M-24)
Past Tense After Dark Dates – Fridays & Saturdays September 24 through October 30 from 7p-midnight WEATHER PERMITTING.
Past Tense After Dark Description – Hayride of Dispair, Corn Maze of Fear, House of Horror attractions.
Past Tense After Dark website
Haunted Houses Metro Detroit 2021 – Saginaw County
RIP HAUNTED HOUSES / NO LONGER OPEN
The following haunted houses Metro Detroit, hayrides and other haunted attractions have closed over the past few years and won’t be in operation for the Haunted Houses Metro Detroit Halloween season. Think of it as the graveyard of Metro Detroit Haunted Houses
- The Amazing Corn Maze Haunted Attractions and Corn Maze in Leonard won’t be featuring haunted attractions this year.
- Wojo’s Greenhouse in Ortonville had a Haunted Forest attraction for a couple of years to benefit St. Anne’s church but will not have a Haunted Forest this year.
- Lavin’s Flower Land Nursery operated Haunted Nursery for a few years to benefit local charities but will not be operating Haunted Nursery in Southfield this year.
- The 22 year tradition of Haunted Hayrides at Miller’s Big Red Orchard & Cider Mill appears to be over. I spoke to a representative today that confirmed Haunted Hayrides at Miller’s Big Red Orchard will NOT take place for this year.
- Haunted Hollows in Armada is not operating the popular haunted attraction for this year but may come back in the future.
- Nightmares for Hope Haunted House in Wolverine Lake operated a small haunted house attraction last season to benefit Autism research but an arson event has closed the attraction for good.
- Dementia Haunted Attraction at Hampton Golf Course in Rochester Hills, MI has closed its doors to concentrate on golf.
- The Haunted Castle in Beverly Hills, MI ceased operations in 2011. I was told they may re-open future Haunted Houses Metro Detroit seasons but they haven’t… yet.
- Ladd’s Evil Acres will not continue due to the passing of Owner Adam Ladd in 2014. Adam had always reached out to us in the past to list his haunted attraction and we at Oakland County Moms were very saddened to learn of his passing.
- Dark Legacy of Wixom seems to be MIA, if they’re still continuing their Haunted Houses Metro Detroit, please let us know! RIP Dark Legacy 2016.
- RIP Erwin Orchards Haunts! “We will no longer be having our Haunted Attractions. We want to thank all of our loyal customers who patronized our haunts for the past 38 years.” – per Erwin Orchards Website 2016.
- Per Realm of Darkness website September 2017 – “Thank you for the last 42 years of screaming good times”
- October 2017 – The closing of Gibralter Trade Center looks like the end for Fear Factory. Its website is parked for now.
- October 2017 – Deadland Haunted House looks to not be operating for 2017 per their functional but not updated website
- October 2017 – Lavin’s Flower Land Haunted Nursery opened up out of the blue in 2016 after a long layoff but it looks to not be operating for 2017.
- October 2018 – Clio Manner doesn’t appear to operational for 2018 and their facebook page has gone silent.
- October 2018 – Saint Lucifer’s Haunted Asylum and Prison Break will not be open for the 2018 season. “We are in the process of moving to a new location. We will be back open in 2019!” But, as of 2020 there have no announcements to reopen
- September 2019 – Oakland County Parks / Addison Oaks County Park won’t be hosting Boo Bash haunted camping events this year. OC Parks has also cut a lot of other Halloween programming
- September 2019 – The Crypt at Chemco in Burton (Flint Area) is closing for 2019 with no plans to reopen.
- September 2019 – Saint Lucifer’s Haunted Asylum is still not re-reopening despite claims in 2018 that they would for 2019. Hopefully they return for 2020.
Please note – This Metro Detroit Haunted Houses, Haunted Hayrides and Haunted Attractions 2021 Directory for Oakland County, Macomb County, Wayne County and Metro Detroit, Michigan will be updated regularly throughout the Halloween season. Oakland County Moms is not responsible for info or inaccuracies with descriptions that may have changed during our research.
TBD HAUNTED HOUSES FOR 2021
Rochester Haunted Attraction – Rochester Jaycees Tunnel of Terror
Tunnel of Terror at Rochester Municipal Park (400 Sixth Street, Rochester, Michigan 48307)
Tunnel of Terror Dates – October Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings (7:30p-10p) starting Oct 9
Tunnel of Terror Description – “Coil through seemingly endless pitch black corridors with mayhem and madness lurking around every corner. Push the limits of your psyche and put your phobias to the ultimate test through the maze of darkness and horror”
Tunnel of Terror Rochester website
Clawson Haunted Attraction – Haunted Detroit Tours 2019
Haunted Detroit (16 S Main, Clawson, MI)
Haunted Detroit Tours Dates – Wednesdays through Saturdays in October beginning the 11th and ending on the 27th. Tours leave at 7:30p
Haunted Detroit Tours Description – “Haunted Detroit will take you on a journey to haunted places in Metro-Detroit providing charter transportation, history of the sites, and tour guides equipped with ghost hunting tools such as digital cameras, infra-red thermometers, and EMF detectors to help identify potential ghost/paranormal activity. It’s spooky and educational. Transportation, tour guide, access to normally off-limits “behind the scenes” haunted locations, and refreshments provided.”
Haunted Detroit Tours Website
This Haunted Houses Metro Detroit page is intended to be used as a guide. Oakland County Moms does not endorse these events. Oakland County Moms is not responsible for changes to event descriptions, event times or details being altered without notice or cancellations.
See our Events / Things To Do tab for more events, activities and things to do in Oakland County and Metro Detroit Michigan.
More Metro Detroit Haunted Houses listings coming soon