Haunted Houses Metro Detroit 2018 – Haunted Hayrides, Haunted Houses and Haunted Halloween Attractions in Oakland County, Macomb County, the Detroit area, and the Flint area for the 2018 Halloween season.
Please read the Haunted Houses Metro Detroit descriptions of some of the attractions and review their websites. Some of the content on these hayrides are very family friendly and some feature material that is far too scary for younger kids. Please use your best judgment when selecting. Friday and Saturday night rides and attractions often have older/rowdier crowds so you may want to consider going on Sundays or going before 9p if you’re going to take a child. We have a listing of low-scare haunted houses for kids page. See related posts below.
Haunted Houses Metro Detroit 2018 – Oakland County
Holly Haunted Attraction – Haunted Hollows Camping Events
Groveland Oaks County Park (14555 Dixie Highway, Holly, Michigan)
Haunted Hollows Dates – September 15 AND September 22
Haunted Hallows Description – Annual Halloween-themed camping events. Halloween holiday camping with trick or treating, haunted island, Halloween face painters, inflatables, climbing tower, campsite decorating contest, hayrides, pumpkin painting, monster puppet craft and DJ dance. Events vary each day. Call the park directly at 248-634-9811. Hosted by Oakland County Parks. For more info, call 1-888-OCPARKS.
Leonard Haunted Attraction – Boo Bash Camping Events
AAddison Oaks County Park (1480 West Romeo Road, Leonard, Michigan 48367)
Boo Bash Dates – Saturday, October 12 AND Saturday, October 19
Boo Bash Description – Frightful fun with costume contest for all ages, campground trick or treating, Halloween face painting, inflatables, haunted house, family games, costumed DJ dance, campsite decorating contest, Halloween crafts and wagon rides. For more info, call 1-888-OCPARKS.
Rochester Haunted Attraction – Rochester Jaycees Tunnel of Terror
Tunnel of Terror at Rochester Municipal Park (400 Sixth Street, Rochester, Michigan 48307)
Tunnel of Terror Dates – October Friday and Saturday evenings (7:30p-10:30p) starting Oct 12
Tunnel of Terror Description – “Coil through seemingly endless pitch black corridors with mayhem and madness lurking around every corner. Push the limits of your psyche and put your phobias to the ultimate test through the maze of darkness and horror”
Tunnel of Terror Rochester website
Haunted Houses Metro Detroit 2018 – Macomb County
Armada Haunted Houses and Hayrides – Haunted Blake’s Halloween, Blake’s Spookyland Haunted Hayrides
Blake’s Orchard & Cider Mill (17985 Armada Center Rd, Armada, Michigan 48005 586-784-5343, 24 Hour hotline – 586-784-9710)
Haunted Blake’s Halloween Dates – Friday, Saturday & Sunday beginning September 22 through the end of October. Also Open Halloween Night.
Haunted Blake’s Halloween Prices – Several ticket packages available at varying prices.
Haunted Blake’s Halloween Decription – Blake’s Haunted Halloween features “Spookyland”, “Haunted 3-story Barn, “Spookyland”, “Zombie Paintball Safari Haunted Hayrides” and more. Not recommended for young children. Haunted Blake’s is very popular. Live DJ entertainment on Saturdays and food and drink to purchase. Click here for a review of Blake’s Cider Mill. Click here for a review and photo gallery of daytime Blakes’ Barnyard Funland and Spookyland attraction.
Haunted Blake’s Haunted Attractions website
Armada Haunted House and Haunted Hayride – Slaughtered at Sundown
Slaughtered at Sundown (71800 Romeo Plank Rd, Armada, MI 48005, 586-752-7669)
Slaughtered at Sundown Dates – September 28 – October 28 Fridays and Saturdays / Sundays 10/21 & 10/28. Sales end at 11p on Fridays and Saturdays, 10p on Sundays. Sales end at 11p on Fridays and Saturdays, 10p on Sundays.
Slaughtered at Sundown Description – Not recommended for children under 8. Haunted House is in 3D, Actors aren’t allowed to intentionally touch customers. Haunted House and Haunted Hayride are said to be equally scary. Choose either or both.
Slaughtered at Sundown Haunted Attraction website.
New Haven Haunted Attraction – Scarefest Scream Park
Scarefest Scream Park (61288 Gratiot at 28 Mile, New Haven, MI, 586-749-6666)
Scarefest Scream Park Dates – September – 7,8,14,15,21,22,28,29 October – 5,6,12,13,19,20,21,26,27,28 Tickets go on sale 6p. Haunted attractions hours are 7p-?)
Scarefest Screampark Description – Castle of the Dead Haunted House, Hayride of Doom, Forest of Darkness, Terror Zone Haunted Maze, or Survive The Night Haunted Camping. Each attraction has their own level of fright (Hayride = least scary, Castle of the Dead = most scary). Heated Club Terror Zone bar tent featuring food and alcohol, bonfires, nightly entertainment and more.
Scarefest Scream Park website
Haunted Houses Metro Detroit 2018 – Wayne County
Westland Haunted House – Hush
Hush (34043 Ford Rd, Westland, MI, 734-502-6026)
Hush – Dates – September 22,28, 29 – October 5,6,12,13,14,19,20,21,26,27,28,29,30,31
Hush – Description – Ranked Michigan’s “Haunt of the Year” in 2013. completely rebuilt for 2016, Expanded for 2018. “We aim to provide unique & immersive entertainment experiences in the heart of Metro Detroit. Our award-winning actors and movie-quality sets come together to create a trip worth losing sleep over.”
Ypsilanti Township Haunted House and Haunted Attraction – Wiard’s Orchards Haunted Thrill Park
Wiard’s Orchards (5565 Merritt Rd, Ypsilanti Township, Michigan 48197)
Night of Terrors Dates – Fridays and Saturdays from 7:15p-11:30p from September 22 – October 31, Sundays in October beginning 10/14 from 7:15p-10:30p, Halloween Night from 7:15p-11:30p.
Night of Terrors Description – 6 Haunted Attractions in 1 location. Haunted Attractions include Splattertown Haunted Paintball, Ultimate Haunted Barn, The Asylum, The Mind Shaft, Hayride of the Lost, and Alien Caged Clowns. Wiard’s Night of Terroris designed to scare adults and children under 10 years old are not recommended. Children over 10 must accompanied by an adult.
Wiard’s Orchards Night of Terrors Haunted Attraction website
Haunted Houses Metro Detroit 2018 – Livingston County
Pinckney Haunted House – Terrorfied Forest and Manor
Terrorfied Forest and Manor (145 Swarthout Road, Pinckney, MI 48169)
Terrorfied Forest and Manor Dates – September 21,22,28,29 – October 5,6,7,12,13,14,18,19,20,21,25,26,27,28,30,31. Fridays and Saturdays from 8p-midnight. Sundays and Weekdays from 8p-11 or 8-10p (call).
Terrorfied Forest and Manor Dates Info – Haunted Manor or Haunted Forest Attraction. Not recommended for children under 12 years old.
Terrorfied Forest and Manor website.
Haunted Houses Metro Detroit 2018 – Genessee County
Haunted Houses Metro Detroit 2018 -Hillsdale County
Jonesville Haunted House – Darksyde Acres
Darksyde Acres (11375 Rowe Road, Jonesville, MI, 517-549-5100)
Darksyde Acres Dates – September 15,21,22,28,29 October 5,6,12,13,19,20,26,27,31 November 2,3
Darksyde Acres Description – Darksyde Acres features 7 haunted attractions at 1 location on 70,000 square feet! Darksyde Acres boasts it is “Michigan’s only haunted attraction utilizing Hollywood-style fx and scare tactics.” The Catacombs, The Rusthole, The Dark Abyss, The Labyrinth, and KlowneTowne await.
Darksyde Acres website
Haunted Houses Metro Detroit 2018 – Lapeer County
Haunted Houses Metro Detroit 2018 – Saginaw County
Haunted Houses Metro Detroit 2018 – No Longer in Operation
The following haunted houses Metro Detroit, hayrides and other haunted attractions have closed over the past few years and won’t be in operation for the Haunted Houses Metro Detroit 2016 Halloween season. Think of it as the graveyard of Metro Detroit Haunted Houses
- The Amazing Corn Maze Haunted Attractions and Corn Maze in Leonard won’t be featuring haunted attractions this year.
- Wojo’s Greenhouse in Ortonville had a Haunted Forest attraction for a couple of years to benefit St. Anne’s church but will not have a Haunted Forest this year.
- Lavin’s Flower Land Nursery operated Haunted Nursery for a few years to benefit local charities but will not be operating Haunted Nursery in Southfield this year.
- The 22 year tradition of Haunted Hayrides at Miller’s Big Red Orchard & Cider Mill appears to be over. I spoke to a representative today that confirmed Haunted Hayrides at Miller’s Big Red Orchard will NOT take place for this year.
- Haunted Hollows in Armada is not operating the popular haunted attraction for this year but may come back in the future.
- Nightmares for Hope Haunted House in Wolverine Lake operated a small haunted house attraction last season to benefit Autism research but an arson event has closed the attraction for good.
- Dementia Haunted Attraction at Hampton Golf Course in Rochester Hills, MI has closed its doors to concentrate on golf.
- The Haunted Castle in Beverly Hills, MI ceased operations in 2011. I was told they may re-open future Haunted Houses Metro Detroit seasons but they haven’t… yet.
- Ladd’s Evil Acres will not continue due to the passing of Owner Adam Ladd in 2014. Adam had always reached out to us in the past to list his haunted attraction and we at Oakland County Moms were very saddened to learn of his passing.
- Dark Legacy of Wixom seems to be MIA, if they’re still continuing their Haunted Houses Metro Detroit, please let us know! RIP Dark Legacy 2016.
- RIP Erwin Orchards Haunts! “We will no longer be having our Haunted Attractions. We want to thank all of our loyal customers who patronized our haunts for the past 38 years.” – per Erwin Orchards Website 2016.
- Per Realm of Darkness website September 2017 – “Thank you for the last 42 years of screaming good times”
- October 2017 – The closing of Gibralter Trade Center looks like the end for Fear Factory. Its website is parked for now.
- October 2017 – Deadland Haunted House looks to not be operating for 2017 per their functional but not updated website
- October 2017 – Lavin’s Flower Land Haunted Nursery opened up out of the blue in 2016 after a long layoff but it looks to not be operating for 2017.
Please note – This Metro Detroit Haunted Houses, Haunted Hayrides and Haunted Attractions 2018 Directory for Oakland County, Macomb County, Wayne County and Metro Detroit, Michigan will be updated regularly throughout the Halloween season. Oakland County Moms is not responsible for info or inaccuracies with descriptions that may have changed during our research.
This Haunted Houses Metro Detroit page is intended to be used as a guide. Oakland County Moms does not endorse these events. Oakland County Moms is not responsible for changes to event descriptions, event times or details being altered without notice or cancellations.
More 2018 Haunted Houses Metro Detroit Info COMING SOON
See related posts below for Haunted Houses Metro Detroit by county